Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Static LST  (Read 1837 times)

Chomps

Static LST
« on: 25 Aug 2002, 15:45:38 »
Okay, maybe "static" is not the correct term.  What I mean is to have an LST model that is made as a building instead of a boat.

So here is what I was thinking, since in Resistance, collision detection is pretty good, you can put tanks and such on top of buildings.

So, if a new LST model was created as a building instead of as a boat it can be given a building animation (like opening doors) of the front part of the ship folding aside and the landing ramp coming down (see here: http://www.lbfcu.org/traversecounty/modernlst.jpg). In addition, as a building, tanks and trucks can be setPos'ed inside of it, and helicopters can land on it and people can stand on it!!

If someone were really ambitious, they could model the inside of a control room for cutscenes or even better, raids--land a chopper on the pad, get out, take control room.

Yes, this would be a huge project. Perhaps FliPeR's new tool could help by offering the base model of the LST.

LimeCordial

Re:Static LST
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2002, 22:06:54 »

collision detection is pretty good

no it aint! you can still go through walls!

tai mai shu

« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2002, 00:25:20 »
ah dont be a pessimist, the collision detection is WAY improved over ofpcwc.  and chomps,  sometime before christmas, BIS australia is gonna release OFP: independence lost, and their gonna add an aircraft carrier that you can launch harriers of of, and land CH-53 jolly green giants on!!! (yes, this expansion pack is gonna kick the mother of all asses  ;D)

Chomps

« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2002, 00:35:18 »
Another addon pack? Oh dear, my addiction to OFP is becoming more costly than a proper drug habit.

buzzboy762

« Reply #4 on: 27 Aug 2002, 03:47:18 »
ITd be easier if BIS ever releases Oxygen to the public

Davy

« Reply #5 on: 27 Aug 2002, 05:18:58 »
the new expanshion will be cool but i would give you 5:1 odds that my comp cant handel it

Chomps

« Reply #6 on: 31 Aug 2002, 06:56:39 »
ITd be easier if BIS ever releases Oxygen to the public

I heard that will happen soon.

tai mai shu

« Reply #7 on: 31 Aug 2002, 10:25:47 »
well, by the time the addon comes out, comps are gonna be more advanced.

i think they are mainly changing stuff like collision detection, physics, etc.

they are also adding a HUGE amount of new units supposedly.

i dont think their gonna revamp the grafix like they did in resitance, so it sholuldnt be too hard on your comps...

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 31 Aug 2002, 10:33:52 »
*cough*

Independence Lost (IL) is not a new expansion. It's a stand-alone expansion or a new game. I.E people without OFP:CWC and OFP:R will also be able to play IL.
Even so, it's very cool. And the Aircraft Carrier thing is also nice. The reason those things work in IL is because the game engine has been altered quite a bit. Which makes it impossible to sell this as an expansion. The changes are too big for a simple update of the original game.

And buzzboy, it wouldn't be easier if O2 was released. There has been several attempts at creating Aircraft Carriers and other large Naval Vessels which vehicles may land on, and so far nothing has worked the way it should.

Oh, and Oxygen is planned for release some time before christmas. That's the only real thing there is to say about the release date. Before christmas.

Cheers, KTottE
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

LimeCordial

« Reply #9 on: 31 Aug 2002, 23:51:57 »
does anyone actually know anything about IL? it's site is rubbish, there is nothing there.

m21 sniper

« Reply #10 on: 05 Nov 2002, 20:41:51 »
well this independence lost sounds like it'll be a laggy son of a b*tch, it's laggy enough on my computer after addin 5 tank platoons and 9 infantry on each side as it is, damn, it still sounds cool tho

Commando

« Reply #11 on: 06 Nov 2002, 00:15:13 »
good idea about the static Lst! I always wante one like the one that a mod team made before with 7 floors and cool rooms and very nice control room.

rancor_man67

« Reply #12 on: 06 Nov 2002, 07:38:24 »
Where can we get that??

It sounds good!!  8)