Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Are there any female voices?  (Read 1166 times)

Offline DerGreif

• Members
Are there any female voices?
« on: 27 Jul 2009, 14:38:09 »
Hello together!

A new question from a beginner in editing. I checked the faces and voices mission from theHobles (sp?)  - great stuff and very helpful! But there were no women voices. Although the game seems to know them because a civilian woman which joined my group had a female voice. But when I tried to set her identity I just wanted to change her name which brought an error and me back to the editor. so I chenged her face and all but I do not know how to set her voice to a female one. I actually do not care about a specific one, it could be the same she used before I set her identity (the same goes for her face), I just wanted to have her a specific name.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
G.

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: Are there any female voices?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jul 2009, 21:58:12 »
Welcome to OFPECDerGreif
I believe that there was only one recorded female voice for ofp and it was Angelina. I don't think they recorded the genralized files such as injured, roger, medic, where are you, etc. There are some user made missions out there where authors used their wives or daughters to record some files for them but they are more apt to be customized for the story and not interchangeble. Arma as well has the voice a female reporter but no generalized voices for use. Their is one addon that was made for Arma that was a female soldier model that was done exceptionally well, complete with generalized voice files. The name of the addons was Tanya. You could download it, unpbo it and use the sound files in your mission. Be sure and ask the author for permission to utilize those sounds though unless they state that its okay in the readme. Good luck.

EDIT: Well, I took a look inside Tanya's folder and did not see any sounds for use. I have played with the addon before and know well that she has her own voice but I can not locate the sounds myself. I apologize for the misinformation.
« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2009, 22:17:49 by savedbygrace »

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • How do I get outta this chickensh*t outfit?
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jul 2009, 23:31:15 »
I think the only way to make a female voice in OFP without addons is to simply increase the voice pitch to maximum. This can be done in identities section of a description.ext
"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul 2009, 00:15:05 »
Actually every sound class entry has a pitch and db(decibal) setting that you can adjust. The pitch refers to the speed of the file and either slows or speeds up accordingly. And the decibal controls the volume. Neither will give you the effect that you desire as increasing the pitch causes the file to sound as if it spoken by a chipmunk. The Pitch is very useful to making one voice sound different and thus giving you more than one character voice per recording but never does it come close to sounding like a female. The decibal is handy for tweaking loud recordings and softening them up to sound as though they are in the exterior but be careful as most folks customize their sound settings and lowering the decibal too much will cause it to not be heard.

Offline DerGreif

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jul 2009, 02:35:49 »
It seems you are right. It is not a female voice they use for those civilian women joining your group. It is one of those high male voices perhaps pitched even a little bit higher. I try to identify this voice with this face/voice mission and will work with it. Thanks for all the advice, it is gratly appreciated!

Kind regards,
G.