Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Finding out the Bullet type to an Addon  (Read 1089 times)

Offline birdy

• Members
Finding out the Bullet type to an Addon
« on: 30 Jun 2009, 02:29:19 »
Hi, recently I've been playing around with getting SLX to work with the WW2 Complete pack.

I got alot of results, even changed the optics to a more "Suitable" look.

however, I've encountered a problem with setting tracers to apear for certain units. (MG34/42, .30Cal, DTM, DT, Maxim, etc.)

the script in the SLX directory uses bullet names to make tracers on guns, but I can't find in the pbo what bullet type it uses, so is there a file that I can find inside either the pbo or just an init command to find out what bullet type it uses? (As in Heat125 and such.)

thanks for your help.

Offline Clayborne

• Members
Re: Finding out the Bullet type to an Addon
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jun 2009, 11:50:03 »
EDIT

whoops, misread the question, carry on.
« Last Edit: 30 Jun 2009, 19:32:51 by Clayborne »

Walter_E_Kurtz

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jun 2009, 16:25:10 »
Make a test mission and place a man equipped with the gun you're interested in. Type the following in the init line:
Code: [Select]
this addEventHandler ["Fired", {hint format ["Fired %1", _this select 4]} ]I've just tested this with a West soldier; it output "BulletSingleW".

I hope that's what you're after - I've not tried it with vehicles.

Edit: just tried with vehicles - works the same.

Edit 2: forgot to point out that you should try all firing modes for a weapon. An M16 fires both "BulletSingleW" and "BulletBurstW" depending on the fire-selector.
« Last Edit: 30 Jun 2009, 20:05:38 by Walter_E_Kurtz »

Offline birdy

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 01 Jul 2009, 06:06:00 »
thanks alot. Will be sure to test this out.  :yes:

Edit - Ok, one more question though, Would there be a file that controls what bullet type the weapon fires? and if so where on that file should I look it up?
« Last Edit: 02 Jul 2009, 04:47:20 by birdy »

Walter_E_Kurtz

« Reply #4 on: 02 Jul 2009, 16:56:17 »
Not quite sure what you mean by "bullet type".

All information should be in the config.cpp - if it's in .bin format, use BinView by the Chain of Command to convert it. Sometimes configs can be spread across a number of files, so search for those that contain to following headings in bold.

CfgAmmo
This section controls what is fired by a gun: damage, velocity, sound on contact, etc

CfgWeapons
Most addon weapons normally have multiple entries here: one for the weapon and one or more for the magazines it uses.
The line in this section which refers to the corresponding entry in the CfgAmmo section, looks like:
Code: [Select]
ammo="Bullet12_7";

Basically, you have to look in CfgWeapons.