Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Helicopter AI help  (Read 1160 times)

Offline DjTano

• Members
Helicopter AI help
« on: 22 Jun 2009, 03:18:32 »
Hey guise,

ive been trying to have a trigger which will make a helicopter get to a certain destination and drop off some troops, then leave, but i have a little problem

if i put any waypoint on the helicopter then it will start hovering, making it use up fuel, which is not what i want

so i thought id just make the pilots get out, and get in when the switch is activated

but when they get out the pilots start running off in a random direction infinitely, making it impossible for me to get this to work

can you guys help me? maybe there is a different approach to this?

Offline firegraphite

• Members
Re: Helicopter AI help
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jun 2009, 05:52:25 »
Try this:
1. You have your "get out" waypoint, set the behaviour to careless.
2. Put a "move" waypoint nearby (this one may not be necessary but i find it safer in my experience to put "move" waypoints in between other waypoints).
3. Then put a "hold" waypoint where they'll be standing by. This should keep them from running off. This is what you should synchronize with your switch trigger.
4. Then another "move" waypoint. (here you could set behaviour and combatmode back to your desired settings).
5. Now you can put your "get in" waypoint.

Hope this helps.
Cheers!!

Offline DjTano

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jun 2009, 15:05:34 »
thanks a lot, the "careless" did it

Offline firegraphite

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jun 2009, 06:01:16 »
Sure. Glad to be able to help.
Cheers!

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #4 on: 02 Jul 2009, 12:33:47 »
Easiest way to do this would to toggle the fuel of the chopper to 0 when you place it. create its waypoints as normal an when you need it to respond, set it's fuel to 1 within a trigger, waypoint or script.