Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AAAARGH (moving civs via a trigger)  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Crowey

• Members
AAAARGH (moving civs via a trigger)
« on: 22 Feb 2009, 17:43:51 »
Im really getting wound up and this problem probably sound really lame but ive placed some civs in a barn witch is being used by opfor as a makeshift prison/holding area,  ive placed barbed wire at the exits except in one spot big enought o walk through which is guarded by two opfor soldiers. The civs will run to a certin area of the map via a " domove" command attatched to a trigger which is set off by the death of the two guards.....
Right my problem is the civs stay in position for a bout two mins then just run off through the barbed wire or walls before the guards are dead, please help!!!!
PS. Ive tried the "doStop" command in a waypoint placed almost on top of them but still does same thing?
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2009, 18:37:08 by Spooner »

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
  • Matan los Pantalones!!!
Re: AAAARGH (moving civs via a trigger)
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2009, 19:15:15 »
You can use disableai "MOVE" to keep them in place.  They might still go prone when fight starts though.  But that would look somewhat "natural" I guess...

Then enableAI "MOVE" when you want them to run again.  Keeping them from passing through hard objects is another matter.  If they seem to be taking the same "path" each time, you could re-arrange your wire maybe so that the opening is where the AI tends to want to go...
El Cojon: "Do you like to Tango?"
You: "Only in Bagango."
Download Last Tango in Bagango and discover how El Cojon earned his name...

Offline Crowey

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 23 Feb 2009, 13:10:36 »
Ah I see, So what would I put in the On Act box of the trigger exactly then?

Offline JamesF1

• Editors Depot Staff
    • JamesBurgess.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: 23 Feb 2009, 14:34:13 »
Try:
Code: [Select]
{ _x disableAI "MOVE"; } foreach thisList;
Remember to use 'enableAI' (in the same way) when you want them to move again.