Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: What happens with "hidden" dead bodies? [SOLVED]  (Read 1081 times)

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
What happens with "hidden" dead bodies? [SOLVED]
« on: 15 Feb 2009, 15:15:29 »
In my Detect Dead Bodies script I found a problem, which is now fixed  :P  but I'm curious:

What happens to the "hidden" bodies when the sink below ground?
Are they deleted from the game?

My script problem indicated that, because when I wanted to use the body with nearestObjects command it failed when the body was hidden and ArmA said: 0 elements provided. 3 expected (as in [body,"AllVehicles",radius])

In OFP someone said they where transported to the other side of the map, but in ArmA it seems different.

Laggy
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2009, 16:02:28 by laggy »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: What happens with "hidden" dead bodies?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2009, 15:17:42 »
I believe they are deleted, but don't quote me on that. Try it yourself, and see if you can still interact with the body after its been "hidden". And anyway : if that IS the case, then that makes your script that much easier to manage, eh? :D

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Re: What happens with "hidden" dead bodies?
« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2009, 16:00:49 »
They are deleted.

I set a trigger condition to: isNull him
him being a soldier.

Killed him, hid the body after about 10 seconds the trigger activated.

Then I wanted to see what happened if the unit was hidden on the roof of a building.
Killed him, hid the body... the body sank about two meters down from its original position with its torso sticking out of the wall (classic OFP/ArmA style) so I could see it. After around 10 seconds the body vanished and the trigger activated.

Then I tried to setpos the body to another object position during the sinking animation. The result was quite bizarre as the unit was setpos'd to the right position and started vibrating like a pneumatic drill. The trigger was NOT activated and I guess the game engine got confused.

Conclusion: Bodies that are hidden by "Hide Body" action in ArmA are DELETED and can not be used as reference or interacted with at all, unless you want them to vibrate like crazy in some location.

Laggy
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2009, 16:25:43 by laggy »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.