Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Multiple anims folders.  (Read 1075 times)

Offline eegore

• Members
Multiple anims folders.
« on: 04 Feb 2009, 02:28:07 »

I am having trouble with multiple anims folders for some reason.

These are the ones that come with a campaign such as Last Days of Vietnam, or with BAS Tonal etc.

I have a "Nam" modfolder connected to an appropriate shortcut but the directions of the Campaign I am supposed to place the anims in my default Res folder.  Same with my Tonal modfolder. 

At one time the cutscenes at the menu worked, but now it seems that when I run the editor in any mod other than Lib45 that the cutscenes dont work, it just shows what I last did in the editor. 

Is there a way to make multiple mod folders use the anims folders cutscenes?  If I place them all in my Res folder as instructed then they dont work.

Thanks

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: Multiple anims folders.
« Reply #1 on: 05 Feb 2009, 12:40:53 »
To my knowledge, anim folders only contain the mission.sqm's to produce the cutscenes for the island that it has an extension for. As long as the folders are named differently, they should not cancel each other out. They also only work within the addons folder of the original OFP directory or the Res addon folder.
« Last Edit: 05 Feb 2009, 15:21:10 by savedbygrace »

Offline eegore

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 05 Feb 2009, 23:51:21 »

Thanks for the info.  What appears to happen after a lot of testing is that BAS Tonal only works if its in my Res folder and Sebnam Ia_trang only works in my regular Addons folder. 

No other island anims work. 

Can I make my own easily by tossing some camera.sqs scripts into some of the island folders or do I just need to avoid playing editor missions where the screen fades out?

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #3 on: 06 Feb 2009, 00:11:44 »
I seem to recall that when BAS Tonal came out it was recommended to be in the Res addons folder in order to work with Res properly.

Sebnam Ia_trang I think was pre-Resistance anyway, so it should work from the normal Addons folder ok.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.