Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: My pilot is an idiot...  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Yasirotta

• Members
My pilot is an idiot...
« on: 24 Oct 2008, 17:59:04 »
Ok, pilot is standing next a chopper whit his gunner. Also 3 soldiers are hanging around chopper and looking how beatiful it is. Then, comes alarm and all gets to chopper what is empty ofcourse. Everything goes great at this far. But then, chopper moves and soldiers gets out using "Eject" command. Yes they do get out, but every time 1 or 2 gets killed or injured. I tought chopper is flying too low, so i use comman "this flyinheight 200" in activation line pilot waypoint. Well, now its seems there isn't change for altitude. Why ??

Player isn't anyone of these guys.
« Last Edit: 24 Oct 2008, 18:01:05 by Yasirotta »

Offline dr. seltsam

• Members
Re: My pilot is an idiot...
« Reply #1 on: 24 Oct 2008, 21:31:44 »
I just tested that...

You have to give the chopper a name like for example: chop1
And then in the waypoint: chop1 flyInHeight 200

And you have to make sure that the chopper has another waypoint after this one, it will change its altitude only with new movement.
If you still have problems, because the chopper spots enemies in the area, then you should change the behaviour of the chopper:

chop1 setBehaviour "careless"

This has to be happen long time before enemy contact, and the chopper has to be in a group of its own...
:) :)

Offline MakkaraTheMan

• Members
  • Moikkuli from Finland :)
    • www.lifeline.fi
« Reply #2 on: 25 Oct 2008, 03:06:24 »
Hi.

Just adding pointers. Yes the choppers are pretty stupid, and i recall having troubles scripting chopper actions with altitude changes. If you script a chopper flying in over 100m altitude, then it might not follow the next waypoint commands or other stuff you'r trying to script with it. Donno why? I think the other air vehicles are usually more adjustable with altitude.

If you have too much speed when the unit's are making parachute jumps, it can cause unit killed or injured. Not allways but sometimes yes. 100m is usually quite enough for ok jumps. 0 speed/hovering jumps might cause units get stuck with another units chute below = unit injury or killed, sometimes but not allways :)

Recommending fast rappelling at low altitude/0 speed, there are scripts for doing that.

And if you make the units eject simultaneously = same problems might happen.

Sometimes it is possible that the unit looses the attachment to the chute in midair, and falls down = dead. Chute flows slowly to the ground without the unit. Donno why? I guess that it is OFP bug. I donno if anyone has made a "reserve Chute"-addon? That would be chool :)

Offline dr. seltsam

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 25 Oct 2008, 19:39:27 »
And because you said the pilots are waiting outside, i better correct myself:

{_x setBehaviour "careless"} foreach [pilotchop1,gunnerchop1]

I think if you set an empty vehicle to "careless", it would not have any effect.

:) :)