Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: CQB Range  (Read 1530 times)

Offline gaz2644

• Members
CQB Range
« on: 17 Oct 2008, 23:05:02 »
hi can you help ?

I want to make a small cqb range for my clan.
all i want is the targets to pop up when the player is a certain distance away and to fall when shot twice.
Im not interested in scoring or anything like that.
Thanks
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2008, 02:40:13 by gaz2644 »

Offline gaz2644

• Members
Re: CQB Range
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2008, 02:39:32 »
All i wat to know is how to make a pop up target pop up when you go near it.

Please ca you help

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2008, 10:23:51 »
Firstly, welcome to OFPEC.

I suspect the reason you're not getting much response is that this kind of question has been asked many times in the past. If you try searching the forum you may find a quicker solution. For example, this or this.

Offline gaz2644

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct 2008, 12:10:36 »
I'v searched the forum and there are no posts asking this question.
I dont want to make a complete firing range.
I just want to know how to make a target pop up when you go near it.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #4 on: 22 Oct 2008, 14:53:08 »
The principle aim of OFPEC is to help editors with editing related problems. We seldom provide ready-made solutions because it defeats the purpose of educating the Community. As the saying goes: give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day; teach a man to fish, he'll feed his family for life.

Thus, if you looked at the second link provided above you'd see a method used for raising the standard targets, namely by setting their damage to 0. So if you place a target on the map, and in its init field set the damage to 1 so it's down, then place a trigger over the target and group it with the player, when that player gets into the trigger area, you can set the target's damage to 0 so it pops up.

This is all untested, so it may not work, but it's up to you to test it to see if it works, and if not try something else.  :good:

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #5 on: 22 Oct 2008, 17:13:58 »
The important thing to realise is that the blue and red targets operate completely differently. The red ones can be forced up and down only by using animations, the blue ones only by altering damage (obviously, both will go down if shot manually).
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)