Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Question about ILS  (Read 1640 times)

Offline thedog

• Members
Question about ILS
« on: 08 Oct 2008, 13:20:46 »
gey guys i am working on a training map for the 15thMEU realism unit, and i wanted to put the ILS addon on the map. how do i get it to recognize my ( self placed ) runway? ( it is on the avgani map ) is there a way to do this?
« Last Edit: 08 Oct 2008, 14:07:20 by bedges »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Question about ILS
« Reply #1 on: 08 Oct 2008, 14:20:46 »
Are you talking about this ILS?

Offline thedog

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 08 Oct 2008, 15:42:59 »
yes i was :D rly any ILS system i can get on this map would help, because like i said its for the 15th meu for training and it would be great for our air wings to have this ;)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 08 Oct 2008, 16:22:05 »
That ILS requires a real runway configured in the island map you are using, it doesnt work with runways you may create artificially placing objects over the map.

You may try also this, which will work for any runway you want to create, roads, etc. But in this case the very last aproach and landing is automatic.

Offline thedog

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 08 Oct 2008, 16:41:33 »
snap :( well ill check it out, sounds interesting. i have another quick ( extreme noob :( ) question, i been trying to get my respawns to work but they just wont do it, does anybody have a copy and paste description.ext for me? and also the markers that i need to set as the respawn point, are literally markers, like the ones you can place in game as a player??? 

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 08 Oct 2008, 17:12:47 »
respawn = "BASE"

respawn_west, respawn_east, respawn_guerrila, respawn_civilian marker names for troops.
respawn_vehicle_west, respawn_vehicle_east, respawn_vehicle_guerrila, respawn_vehicle_civilian for vehicles.

Offline thedog

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 08 Oct 2008, 18:08:30 »
tried it several times, but cant figure out what im doing wrong... my friend will try tonight if i still dont get it ill be back for more :D

Offline Commando84

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 15 Oct 2008, 22:49:24 »
Hey Mandoble, does the respawn vehicle names work without a extra script? i.E are they hardcoded into Arma?
Do i just have a description.ext setup correctly and a marker saying respawn_vehicle_west in it?
So all destroyed vehicles will respawn in that marker?

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 16 Oct 2008, 02:10:17 »
If you are using respawn type BASE for these markers then I assume only vehicles marked as respawnable using respawnVehicle command will respawn there. As far as I rember you may also add more respawn markers for a side: respawn_vehicle_west1, respawn_vehicle_west2, etc, in that case the respawn position is choosen randomly from these.