Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Need help Officer detected trigger..?? trigger gives hint to player.  (Read 1246 times)

Offline winchesterdelta

• Members
Hey guy's,

i need some help with something.
How can i put together a trigger that detects my ennemy officer in a certain area, and give that information with a hint to the bluefor soldiers only.
So when officer1 enters area2, player1 gets hint Officer spotted in area 1 move to intercept.

I can't figure this one out, but it must be verry simple i tought.

Thanks for you'r time...

Offline ModestNovice

• Members
Name your enemy Officer something like: EOfficer (you know something very creative  :P )

Ok Trigger:

Code: [Select]
Condition:  EOfficer in thislist AND (side player == WEST)

OnActivation: Hint "The officer is here!"
"The road became empty and the people disappeared. The clouds ran away; opened up the sky, and one by one I watched every constellation die."
- Sean "Slug" Daley

Offline winchesterdelta

• Members
Its not working for me for some reason..
Hmm i put it exactly the way you did.

Also i changed in trigger:
-Detected by OPFOR
-Repeating
-present
-activated by OPFOR

Thats because i want the trigger to be activated when the officer is there and than it will send a hint Only to the Bluefor groups that the officer is in that area.

Anny more suggestions  :)

Offline ModestNovice

• Members
well works fine for me.

I just changed it to this. (ALSO: Make sure you named the unit the same thing it is checking for!)
My 'Officer' is named EOfficer
Activation: Anybody
Condition: EOfficer in thislist
OnActivation: if (side player == WEST) then {player sideChat "The Officer is here!"};
"The road became empty and the people disappeared. The clouds ran away; opened up the sky, and one by one I watched every constellation die."
- Sean "Slug" Daley

Offline winchesterdelta

• Members
Thanks man.. it works now.

You really helpd me out there ...

Offline ModestNovice

• Members
great ;)

No problem.

Glad it worked :)
- Sean "Slug" Daley