Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Total noob needs spawning help  (Read 1828 times)

Offline jammymutt

• Members
    • JTF-2
Total noob needs spawning help
« on: 11 Sep 2008, 19:50:41 »
HI, Im trying to make map for training which only has a few enemy in it but has all the vehicles available so out squad who are pretty new to the game can pratice flying and driving vehicles.

I have a problen making the vehicles respawn where they started and also my player units semm to spawn where they die I want them to respawn at base.

respawn=BASE;
respawndelay=3;

I have put this script in but im not sure where it needs to go or indeed if its the right thing to put in?.

Can someone help me please? and if possible tell me how to and where to put it??.

Thanks.

Apologies to admin i put this in the other forum by mistaske i think this is the right one??
One day I will know how to make an Arma map...............

I didnt say soon though.

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
Re: Total noob needs spawning help
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2008, 20:36:21 »
Read the full explanation on the BIKI. The reason you are still respawning in the same place is because you don't have the correct markers placed. The vehicles aren't respawning because that requires another value in the description.ext.
« Last Edit: 11 Sep 2008, 20:41:43 by Spooner »
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #2 on: 11 Sep 2008, 23:17:53 »
Welcome to OFPEC, jammymutt :welcome:

Uhh, this got a bit messy :P
Anyhoo, do not post the same question multiple times. Your original question was moved here because it was in the wrong place so you do not need to re-post it. :)
I have now moved this thread to the correct board and locked that other one so please use this thread for any further discussion on this particular matter...
« Last Edit: 11 Sep 2008, 23:23:46 by h- »
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline jammymutt

• Members
    • JTF-2
« Reply #3 on: 12 Sep 2008, 15:46:05 »
Read the full explanation on the BIKI. The reason you are still respawning in the same place is because you don't have the correct markers placed. The vehicles aren't respawning because that requires another value in the description.ext.

Hi Spooner thanks for the rep[ly and yeh sorry admin..

Whats an ext file?. I have been using the Arma editor in the game and cant find ext in it like I said im a total noob are there any instructions out there for the total and utter noob?. something that explains everything?.
One day I will know how to make an Arma map...............

I didnt say soon though.

Offline Kendo J

• Members
  • Britain Has more varieties of cheese than France
« Reply #4 on: 12 Sep 2008, 16:58:02 »
I don't want to sound condescending here...so bear with me.

First get your self a tutorial from the editors depot!

Second all files (.ext,.csv etc....) talked about are in your mission file.... that is C:\Armedassault\missions (or what ever it is... for me it is still Codemasters\operationflashpoint\users\Kendo\missions) the .ext file is the description that loads all basic information about the startup screen, weapons in the breifing, sounds and respawns.

If you wish to spawn units in the mission you can make a script to do this... .sqm file (text file with your scripting commands).

For a noob start to scripting it is best to take someone else's script and edit it...

I don't know if AA has a spawn script in the ed depot but OFP has loads... best go look there first!

Kind Regards
& good luck
Kendo

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #5 on: 12 Sep 2008, 18:18:59 »
If you wish to spawn units in the mission you can make a script to do this... .sqm file (text file with your scripting commands).
Actually, the .sqm file should never be edited by hand; It is automatically generated by the editor, so you never have reason to even open it in a text editor. I think you mean .sqs or .sqf files, which contain ArmA scripts in the obsolete style (SQS) or the current style (SQF). If you are learning now, I'd strongly suggest you learn SQF from the start.
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)