Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: knowsabout question  (Read 954 times)

Offline Yasirotta

• Members
knowsabout question
« on: 03 Sep 2008, 19:03:55 »
How to make all this possible ?

1. Player is first as "setcaptive true", so Cops won't shoot him.

2. When player does a crime, and KnowsAbout value is higher than 2, Cops will open fire.

Now, this was easy to do, but then i have a problem. Player does a crime at town2, and gets away.
When he arrives back to town1, all cops there will open fire cos KnowsAbout has raised value of 2.
How i can make easier life to player ?

(hope you understand what is my problem)

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
Re: knowsabout question
« Reply #1 on: 04 Sep 2008, 14:36:20 »
The cops in town2 will only knowsAbout if they spot the criminal, unless you are using GroupLink or some other AI enhancement.

You want the player to be able to commit a crime in town2, but be free in town1? That is, cops in town1 do not know of crime in town2? I don't see why you need to use knowsAbout. First you need a variable for each town that stores the player's criminal status e.g. if player commits crime in town1 then wantedInTown1 = True

You want to put a large trigger around town1, set to your player side present, repeatedly, and make the condition:
Code: [Select]
this && wantedInTown1onActivation
player setCaptive FalseonDeactivation
player setCaptive True
Now repeat for Town2 using wantedInTown2 in the condition. I am assuming that the player is the only unit of his side.

Knowsabout takes about awhile to reset to 0[/i] once the player is out of sight.
« Last Edit: 04 Sep 2008, 14:51:46 by Mr.Peanut »
urp!

Offline Yasirotta

• Members
Re: knowsabout question
« Reply #2 on: 04 Sep 2008, 15:03:45 »
Ok, now when you have a picture what im saying, it makes me easier to explain.

Idea is, that if you do crime whitout getting caught, you aren't wanted at any towns.
Example, in assasination sidemission. You shoot that target whit sniper rifle at 500m away, 2 cops gets
knowsabout value of 1.5 right ? If knowsabout value is 2, player won't get wanted. This is what im going to do.