Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Why so?  (Read 1040 times)

Offline |Scorpio|

• Members
Why so?
« on: 16 Aug 2008, 11:39:20 »
Hi

I am quite new user in this forum but Im rather experienced mission maker in OFP. I love OFP and the best thing is the Mission Editor.
So.. Now lets go to the problem.. As I already said, Im quite good mission maker and I made millions of them, but as everybody knows: What is the good mission without proper intro? And thats my problem.. Intro.. I used scripted cutscenes. On second thoughts: "Camera.sqs" script. I can do a good start for the Intros, but when I preview them, it is a nightmare. When I preview them, that stupid camera doesnt film that place what reads in the script. Not at all. It only films something corner from the level what is not even near that wanted place. Only thing I can see is water, and only move what my camera does is that annoying bouncing. I've read all the Snypirs camera tutorials and Camera.sqs tutorial and checked my scripts many many many times but everything seems to be in order. This is what I can't understand. But well if somebody had this same problem or know what to do with it so Intros work again, then can you share this important announcement with me? Otherwise... Well.. Then that is my problem. I would love to have replies to this question  :D

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re: Why so?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2008, 12:09:44 »
Firstly, welcome to OFPEC!

The usual problem is that the camera name used to create the camera is not the same as that used in the camera moves that follow. For example, from snYpir's tutorial you will have read

Code: [Select]
_cam = "camera" camcreate [0,0,0]
_cam cameraeffect ["internal", "back"]

which will indeed create a camera called _cam at the bottom left corner of the map, i.e. in the ocean.

However, when you use camera.sqs, the positional output uses the name _camera. Check your script: does it use _cam or _camera?

Offline eegore

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2008, 13:18:26 »

Just like the post above said, it might be the _cam thing.  I had this exact same problem, a nice view of the ocean.  I looked over my script for about an hour before I saw the:

_cam
_camera

discrepancy from copying snYpir's tutorial. 
 All I had to do was change _cam to _camera and I was seeing everything I wanted to see. 

Make sure to let us know if this fixes your problem.

Offline |Scorpio|

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 16 Aug 2008, 16:54:10 »
Hey! It works! It really works! Now I can finally make my Intros running! Thanks a lot lot lot lot LOT to you! I owe you many times! The biggest problem was only that little word! Thank you  :D