Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Max power take off  (Read 1306 times)

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
Max power take off
« on: 31 Oct 2002, 00:15:11 »
Hi all, I was wondering if is any script that can make a jet fighter to take off the same way it would from a carrier, I meen by holding the brake ntill it have a huge amount of power in its engines, I noticed that plains don't do that in OFP an it would be really handy for short runaways take offs.
Thanks.
@CERO.
SCREWBY!!!

Nomis

Re:Max power take off
« Reply #1 on: 01 Nov 2002, 15:23:17 »
Is it possible to simply use the setpos command to keep the plane stationary until the power has built up (say 10 seconds or something) and then let it trundle off down the runway?

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #2 on: 02 Nov 2002, 01:07:36 »
Or if you're really wanting to simulate the carrier catapult, give it a kick with the setvelocity command ;)

dreaming_adam

« Reply #3 on: 13 Nov 2002, 17:07:41 »
Even better, both setvelocity AND setpos. Write a quickie script that will loop for say 10 seconds constantly SETPOSING the aircraft to the takeoff location (so it doesnt move but makes a lot of sound) THEN after 10 seconds give it a fast setvelocity command. Hope you understand trigonemetry!

kevinfostereditguy

« Reply #4 on: 11 Dec 2002, 22:32:26 »
id also like to see a script for this, would it work for men and such, say being launched by an explosion? i know they already do in resistance but im just curious casue it could work well for accurate cutscenes with exposions

R3dF0x

« Reply #5 on: 31 Dec 2002, 00:45:50 »
Just using setpos is fine:

_me = _this select 0
_timer = _this select 1
_pos = Getpos _me
#loop1
_me setpos _pos
? _time < _timer : goto "loop1"
Exit

----------------------------------------

[myplane, 12] exec "Takeoffscript.sqs"

12 = the amount of time to stay still

----------------------------------------

Holding down forwards increases your speed but you stay still until the timer reaches whatever time you set it to.  Works with cars too  ;D

And if you want to use a trigger to start it rather than have it start with the mission, put

_time = 0

before #loop1

Pandoz

« Reply #6 on: 14 Feb 2003, 05:56:35 »
yes redfox...ur script basically works...but wouldnt u have to use setdir or something since if ur power ur engines and the mouse moves to the sides i have had it tat ur plane in this case turns to the left or right before takeoff...i was using the F15 by NAA marine but i dont think that that matters.

R3dF0x

« Reply #7 on: 19 Feb 2003, 17:05:18 »
Yes, it does mess things up a bit if you turn before you start to move  :)

Code: [Select]
_me = _this select 0
_timer = _this select 1
_pos = Getpos _me
_dirme = Getdir _me
_me disableAI "Move"
_time = 0
#loop1
_me setpos _pos
_me setdir _dirme
? _time < _timer : goto "loop1"
Exit