Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [MP-Coop] RACS: M.I.A (2-18 players)  (Read 2455 times)

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
[MP-Coop] RACS: M.I.A (2-18 players)
« on: 13 May 2008, 20:59:17 »

MISSING IN ACTION (v.0.95 BETA)

A mission for Armed Assault by nominesine, in need of BETA-testing.

REQUIREMENTS: Built with Armed Assault 1.09 (BETA)

ADDONS: Queens Gambit

SYNOPSIS: A motorcycle scout from the Royal Sahrani Army is trapped behind enemy lines. Two patrols are sent out to find him before the enemy does. This is a Multiplayer Coop Mission designed for 2-18 players. The ideal number is four players, helping each other to complete a realistic patrol circuit, similar to what a soldier may encounter in Iraq or Afghanistan. The mission takes place on a large part of South Sahrani, and leaves plenty of freedom for the player. It is highly randomized to increase replayability. You play as one of two RACS-patrols, facing enemy patrols moving in random patterns. The missing scouts location will change every time the mission is played (25 different locations). In it's current BETA state the mission is almost finished.

Known & Corrected Bugs
- Defective ending triggers
- Messy briefing
- The missing scouts broken motorcycle is sometimes bouncing around on the ground after being placed randomly (setPos problem???)
« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2008, 13:44:16 by Cheetah »
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: [MP-Coop] RACS: M.I.A (2-18 players)
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2008, 22:30:09 »
Oooh yeah, mission by good old nominesine. Let's see if this plays the same as your quality OFP stuff ;)
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2008, 08:32:26 »
Let's see if this plays the same as your quality OFP stuff ;)

Thank you very much for the kind words, but not yet I'm afraid. I'm way too rusty and I want to get the framework of the mission up and and running before I add more eye-candy to the show.

P.S If you play the mission with only one player you will most likely recieve the "Mission Completed"-screen as soon as you find the missing scout. This happens because of the end triggers. They go off as soon as the scout is located (wether he is dead or alive) and when the first playable patrols return to base. With two or more players in different groups this will not happen. It will be corrected in the next release, but I didn't have time to make the adjustment in the 0.75 BETA.
OFPEC | Intel Depot

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2008, 08:57:06 »
Original post updated from 0.75BETA to 0.85BETA. Changes from previous versions:

- End triggers working regardless of the number of players
- The missing scout has more random starting locations
- More eye candy
OFPEC | Intel Depot

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2008, 02:33:48 »
I playtested the mission with Laggy and made some alterations. RACS: M.I.A is now a 0.95 BETA. Almost finished. It may still benefit from some fine tuning, though. Any suggestions are welcome. I updated the first post with the 0.95-build.

Changes from previous versions:

- Improved control of AI units not under the players command (air and ground support)
- Cleaner briefing
- Some more eye candy

EDIT: To answer the question above: I'm almost up to my old ofp-ability now  :whistle:
« Last Edit: 19 May 2008, 02:49:09 by nominesine »
OFPEC | Intel Depot