Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ending-a-mission questions  (Read 981 times)

Offline Spitfire

• Members
ending-a-mission questions
« on: 23 Jun 2008, 09:02:32 »
(hello, btw)
i cant really understand how to end missions proply, so can someone please give me a run-down (or link to tutorial) on different ways to trigger/script missions to end? thanks

Offline Danakin1

• Members
Re: ending-a-mission questions
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jun 2008, 16:06:44 »
You could write a script for a cool cutscene and put this in the triggers activation field.  You can also set the trigger to activate after a certain time.
Depends on the mission you are creating and how you want it to end.  The combinations are endless.
I, myself, am pretty new to OFP and I've mostly been just working on cutscenes. :D

Offline Gcfungus

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jun 2008, 18:25:32 »
You use triggers, with the type set to end#1, end#2, end#3 (etc) or lose. Then set the condition to anything you want, and you will get the corresponding ending. If you use 2 different triggers both set to the same ending, then it will work as an "and", so both will need to be fulfilled for the ending. To use an "or" use 2 different ending numbers.
Eg.
end#1
condition - east - not present
end#1
condition - getdammage player < 0.5
end#2
condition - west - present

These 3 triggers could be used to finish if:
the enemy is cleared form an area and you haven't hurt yourself too much or you reach a certain area.

Obviously, you can use as many as you want.
Hope this helps.  :)

-=GC=-Fungus1999
The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
~George Patton

Offline Spitfire

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jun 2008, 08:26:42 »
hey, thanks fellas
yes, i just needed some simple ways to end a mission as "forceEnd" didnt quite work...