Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: isServer vs. local server  (Read 1352 times)

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
isServer vs. local server
« on: 23 May 2008, 14:49:07 »
What does the isServer command do? It seems to be a scripting command replacing the old game logic and !(local server) solution from OFP. Am I right or wrong? is there any difference between the two nethods that I should be aware of?
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
Re: isServer vs. local server
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2008, 16:47:53 »
No difference.
urp!

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2008, 09:54:26 »
Hi there,

I'm actually not so sure that these two commands work the same way.

I always used the old school Local Server (with a GameLogic named Server) and I felt that I had full control, scripting for a Hosted MP Server.

Now I started using the IsServer command instead. All of a sudden many of my publicVariable triggers didn't broadcast the variables to my clients, at least not on a Hosted MP Server.

Is maybe the IsServer command  more directed towards Dedicated Servers and the old Local Server meant for Hosted MP Servers?

Laggy
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2008, 14:09:01 »
"local server" was a workaround we used before the isServer command was added. It was cumbersome, since it required a game-logic to be created or the code wouldn't work. It is completely obsolete now, since isServer does precisely the same thing.

In SP or on a dedicated or hosted server, isServer is always true. On dedicated clients, isServer is always false.
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #4 on: 17 Sep 2008, 16:56:23 »
Thanks a bunch,

Laggy
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.