Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Session Lost, modified mission  (Read 1504 times)

Offline PuG

• Members
Session Lost, modified mission
« on: 14 May 2008, 08:58:40 »
Hi, ive been modifying a multiplayer hold mission PBO, but for some reason keep suffering for session lost when the mission is shunted onto the dedicated server (and the same locally).

If I unpack the existing mission, rename the folder, adjust the brief title then repack the PBO it occasionally does work, but then inexplicably the next time I compress it stops working.

Ive read up on file naming convention of the PBO's, but even a minor character swap seems to cause the problem.  What happens is when you try and connect to the online server session lost occurs rather than showing mission selection/vote screen.

Any suggestions?

« Last Edit: 14 May 2008, 09:00:40 by PuG »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Session Lost, modified mission
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2008, 09:20:50 »
Does this happens with the very same server and other missions, for example ArmA stock missions or are you 100% sure the problem is only with that particular mission?

Offline PuG

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2008, 09:56:03 »
Only with a particular set of missions that ive tried (Berzerk) - happens on all of the missions so far, and just seems incredibly variable on when it does occur.

Regards,

Offline Gamster

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jul 2008, 02:11:54 »
hey, for ArmA when i join a server called Sahrani Life #3, After I pick my team when it says "Receiving Data"  it will load until the last part... like 1cm away from the finish it stops and says "Session Lost". EVERY time I join it says the SAME thing and it will stop at the EXACT spot it stops every time. Any ideas on how to fix it? www.acsmembers.proboards59.com msg me there plz... ill probably forget about this website and i really want to fix this problem... and yes, i did re-install ArmA

- Gamster