Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [SP.COOP/QG] 1-12 MP Sum of all Fears  (Read 5529 times)

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
[SP.COOP/QG] 1-12 MP Sum of all Fears
« on: 23 Apr 2008, 22:59:20 »
Mission "1-12 MP Sum of all Fears" by Laggy.

Hopefully the final version.

Description: A dangerous and stressful task to find and disarm a nuclear bomb before it detonates in a major city in South Sahrani.

Needed Addons and ArmA version: QG and 1.09 beta.

NOTE: This mission has been tested several times in MP, so far no glitches have shown, but feedback would be appreciated in any case. Not yet tested on dedicated server. High end PC is useful.

Thanks to: GIGanArmA for his amazing scripts and all of you who answer my questions on the forum.

Missiontype: Multiplayer COOP
Players: 1-12
Island: United Sahrani
Mission Version: 1.0
Intro: Yes
Parameters: Yes
Time: Day
Weather: Good
Playtime: 1 hour max (hehe!)
Missionwork: Action and tension as you try to avoid Armageddon. Huge areas, custom sounds, impressive visual effects (by GIGanArmA), playability, and variation.

Hope you enjoy it. My wish is that I've created a good feel of playability and a cool mission idea.

Laggy
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2008, 17:20:20 by Cheetah »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline Rommel92

• Members
Re: [COOP/QG] 1-12 MP Sum of all Fears (Please Review)
« Reply #1 on: 26 Apr 2008, 13:01:55 »
I'm just about to try it out, but this looks fantastic, what i've been looking for for a while, attempted to create, but got side-tracked to much.  :)

GREAT WORK!!!! :P

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 27 Apr 2008, 01:47:20 »
hi mate

Not yet tested on dedicated server. High end PC is useful.

Review ..  or beta testing ?
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #3 on: 27 Apr 2008, 11:54:26 »
Hi Shark Attack.

Beta testing would be appreciated. Even though I believe it's finished you never know right?
I would also like to hear if the missions second part (finding the nuke) needs to be spiced up a little, so any ideas for possible changes there would be good.

Oh and should I not write "please review" if I actually want beta testing and suggestions?

Cheers

Laggy
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2008, 12:31:08 by laggy »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Re: [COOP/QG] 1-12 MP Sum of all Fears (beta testing)
« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2008, 22:05:08 »
Hey collegues and masters,

Any comments anyone? I'm longing for some feedback... SP or MP mode.

Cheers

Laggy

Offline GreenTerror

• Members
Re: [SP/MP-COOP/QG] 1-12 MP Sum of all Fears (beta testing)
« Reply #5 on: 01 Jun 2008, 18:44:00 »
I loaded it up Sp mode with 1.14 and lowplants, I usually get 25-35 fps everywhere, but it was unplayable for me. Starting off on the airfield FPS was about 10.

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #6 on: 02 Jun 2008, 21:18:29 »
Hi GreenTerror and thanks for your reply,

That's weird... choppy already at the airfield... hmmm. Part from the nuke effect, this mission shouldn't be that demanding. Two questions:

What viewDistance did you choose?
What's your specs?

Laggy

« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2008, 21:23:25 by laggy »

Offline GreenTerror

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 03 Jun 2008, 03:03:08 »
Ive got 3.2 gigs of ram, pentium 4 3GHZ dual, nvidia go 6800 256mb. It was about 1700 meters view distance.  My weak spot is my video card, its pretty crappy, but the rest of it usually makes up a bit for it. like i said I usually get 20 fps more, even in a pretty heavy firefight. I'll try it again at 1,000 view distance. all my settings are on low/no shadows/no AA.

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #8 on: 03 Jun 2008, 08:04:17 »
I'm quite sure one of the mods will direct you to the trouble shooting section over att the official forums in a short while. This part of the forum is for beta-testing only. Meanwhile though: Try installing the latest service pack for Vista (if you haven't done so already). That has been known to help agains performance loss caused by 1.14 upgrade. Good luck!
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline Denz

« Reply #9 on: 03 Jun 2008, 16:49:56 »
Aye as nomie has already said you would be better off posting or looking through this thread over at the bis forums.
I've got 'em right where I want 'em - surrounded from the inside!
Jerry "Mad Dog" Shriver, SOG Recon One-Zero
24/09/41 - 24/04/69

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
  • Matan los Pantalones!!!
« Reply #10 on: 03 Jun 2008, 17:11:55 »
Hi Laggy.  I haven't had time to test this very far at all (I haven't even completed first objective).  But here's a little feedback.

I moved the mission to the Single Player Missions directory, and started the mission.

1) The intro does not work.  It is daylight, and you are in 3rd Person view of a soldier who looks down a line of tents, then looks to the right over a vehicle, then looks back down the line of tents, then looks right, ...it just keeps looping like this forever.  So I hit Escape to skip this scene.

2) I like the briefing.  Well done.

3) The first cutscene is great.  The mushroom/fireball effect is impressive.  And the apocalyptic music really fits it.

4) I drove the terrorist hideout, and encountered the civilians that you can interact with.  I really prefer live interaction like this over cutscenes, as it doesn't break immersion.  However, it does get repetitive when the civs all say the same thing over and over.  To avoid this, you could add a few more voice files that have the same meaning, but use different voices and words.  And/or, you could end remove the civ talking actions after the the first few times (and maybe have the civs runaway after giving the information).

It was late, so I did not succeed in killing all the terrorists at the first objective.

This looks very promising, and will be great fun coop.  I hope to report further progress in a few days when I have more time.
El Cojon: "Do you like to Tango?"
You: "Only in Bagango."
Download Last Tango in Bagango and discover how El Cojon earned his name...

Offline GreenTerror

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 03 Jun 2008, 21:14:14 »
I don't need troubleshooting help, I can play the game fine; I'm telling laggy what my setup was because on a machine like mine his mission was not playable, while any other mission my computer handles fine.

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #12 on: 03 Jun 2008, 21:56:23 »
Hi Johnnyboy and everyone else,

The mission should be played in MP mode, even if you are just one player. That gives you the choice to change viewDistance as well. The reason the intro didn't work is because there is none, except the one in the mission itself (the nuke blast).
About the civilians repetative talking... I thank you for your input and will take a look at it for the next release.

Cheers

Laggy

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #13 on: 24 Jun 2008, 21:55:32 »
Hrrm...

Any comments my fellow ArmA addicts?

Laggy

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Re: [SP.COOP/QG] 1-12 MP Sum of all Fears
« Reply #14 on: 16 Jul 2008, 18:29:05 »
Hi everyone,

Regarding the above MISSION INTRO critique from johnnyboy, I have to confess in an embarrased manner:

If you place/play this mission in SP mode, there is some residue in the intro part that originates from a mission merge, meaning: stuff that shouldn't be there. Never bothered checking the intro part since this mission was intended for MP mode only, in which intro's are skipped anyway. These leftovers will for sure be cleaned out for the final release. Sorry! Very unprofessional mistake from my part.

The actual mission intro is the one after the briefing. Hope you enjoy(ed) it and I long for feedback.

Laggy
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2008, 18:31:07 by laggy »

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #15 on: 24 Sep 2008, 19:51:19 »
Hrmmm...

Offline Manzilla

• Members
« Reply #16 on: 25 Sep 2008, 00:33:30 »
Sorry. I meant to post this in your Iraq mission.
« Last Edit: 25 Sep 2008, 00:42:50 by Manzilla »