Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Laser Designator won't work in Multiplayer  (Read 1165 times)

Blinky

Laser Designator won't work in Multiplayer
« on: 29 Oct 2002, 14:35:36 »
hey guys,

I've been getting a few problems from flashpoint.  I've setup a mission with an A10 (LGB), of which I put on target with a laser designator.  

The A10 bombs fine in the preview area of the mission editor and drops the bombs as soon as it has a good flight path over the target.  

However, when I export the same mission to multiplayer it doesn't work.  The A10 just flys backwards and forwards over the target.  

Any suggestions?

Offline Ranger

• Members
  • Hoo-ah!
Re:Laser Designator won't work in Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2002, 19:56:35 »
Are you taking the role of the laser designating unit?  If so, try grouping the A-10 with yourself in the editor.  Then, when playing the mission, order the A-10 to target your laser and order it to engage.
Ranger

Offline Dinger

• Contributing Member
  • where's the ultra-theoretical mega-scripting forum
Re:Laser Designator won't work in Multiplayer
« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2002, 20:39:30 »
That's not a LLD issue, that's an aircraft Ai issue.  Waypoints are designed for humans.  The activation area is very small.  The A10 gets distracted, and those little distractions will make it completely miss its waypoints.  It then has to circle around.  But it circles slower than the AI thinks it should, so it ends up loitering in the target area.
It does this even worse in MP.  What you need to do is slave it to a given flight path, (point it in a straight direction, give it a waypoint onthe other side of the map, set it to careless/never fire, and use triggers to set "open fire" as it approaches the target area), and hope it works.
Dinger/Cfit