Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Creating a base (like in the setpos comp) help  (Read 1448 times)

Offline danturn

• Members
Creating a base (like in the setpos comp) help
« on: 06 Apr 2008, 03:16:32 »
I was looking through some of the downloadable bases and it got me wondering how you actually create them..

Is there a tutorial or anything which will explain ands how me how to create my own base, i'v had a look about the site and cant seem to be able to find nething.

Thanks for any help

Offline Nexolate

• Members
  • The lurking S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Re: Creating a base (like in the setpos comp) help
« Reply #1 on: 06 Apr 2008, 05:30:56 »
As far as I know the majority of bases, especially those used in the setPos Comp were made by (you guessed it) setPosing a load of objects.
You can probably just click and manipulate ground-level objects in editor, but for stacking objects or placing them on top of buildings you need setPos.

The command is "obj1 setpos [getPos obj1 select 0, getPos obj1 select 1, 5]". Which goes in the "Initialization" field of the object when in the editor.
"Obj1" is the Name of the object, the first two fields of the Array are the x and y coordinates and the last one is the height above the ground (in this case 5).

More here.

Hope this helps, better wait for some more insight on this subject first though. I'm learning as well. ;)

EDIT: If you want me to go into more detail, I'll be happy to write you a "mini-tutorial" via PM.
« Last Edit: 06 Apr 2008, 05:34:59 by Nexolate »
You'll only notice me when it's too late.

Offline danturn

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2008, 03:43:56 »
So can you use this for knowing where walls/fences will meet together etc?

In the past i spent tedious amounts of time placing part of the fence previewing it and moving it as necissary to line it up with another part, as you can imagine this takes a lot of time.

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2008, 15:57:42 »
Check out Kronzky's webpage here: http://kronzky.info/ for his weapons/object placer. Great for laying fence.

His City Construction Set also looks promising. Hooray for cellular automata!

Not an MP topic. Please post in the correct board. This topic will move to SP board very soon I think!
urp!

Offline imike24

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2008, 10:04:58 »
Thank for the link. That is what I needed. :)
« Last Edit: 25 May 2008, 14:06:45 by h- »