Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Generating a Large Explosion  (Read 1422 times)

Offline Hellcow10

• Members
Generating a Large Explosion
« on: 22 Mar 2008, 10:15:25 »
I tried this in OFP as much as i could and could never get it to work.

I had a full mission laid out based on a top level Nuclear Crisis, and as you could imagine, the mission needed a large flash, lots of death, and a mushroom cloud. Before i get my hopes up when i go through the bestbuy check out line. Is there any way to modify the dynamics of an explosion?

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re: Generating a Large Explosion
« Reply #1 on: 22 Mar 2008, 11:13:08 »
Ok, I'm keeping this topic here for the moment just because this might venture in the realm of particle stuff which is listed as belonging to advanced..  :scratch:

Anyways, there're at least two ways you may affect the explosion dynamics.
You can create an addon including new exploding shells with much larger damage area which you then use for your explosion, but it would be like the default explosions without any blast wave (if that's what you're looking for).

Or you can script the blast wave with some vector/velocity/setdamage/whatnot script(s).

Of course you would need to create the mushroom cloud with particles.

I'm sure Mandoble has something to add :P
*cue*
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2008, 12:52:10 »

Offline Hellcow10

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 22 Mar 2008, 15:41:49 »
Could you throw a link up if you know of one, or possibly tell me a website i could look for this download?

I'd love to finish what i started with the Mission

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 22 Mar 2008, 15:45:32 »
The link mandoble wrote down brings you to the BI forums. In the first post there are three download locations for the SCUD script which includes a big explosion.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: 22 Mar 2008, 16:10:32 »
It may be noted that the SCUD missile explosion "effect" can also be removed from the actual .pbo and called like any normal script :) Of course you shouldn't do that without crediting the author, but if you want to avoid addon dependencies and mostly just want the visual effects, that's probably a good path to go down. It really looks quite impressive! You'll have to poke around a bit to find exactly which scripts it is that you need, but I managed to do it so it shouldn't be impossible.

Good luck!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Hellcow10

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 22 Mar 2008, 19:00:50 »
Ok, to add onto the question. Does the Scud missle addon actually add a Scud launched Short range missle, or just the Big boom of one?

What im trying to find is a plane dropped bomb, or a Ground launched Missle to take out a Tactical command center.
What im looking for is a Low Yeild tactical nuke. Nothing larger than like 10-15 miles in total destruction.

I dont know how possible this is, but i could never get what i wanted out of the addons/Scritps i found for Ofp, im kinda hoping that ArmA is alittle more expansive asfar as Scripting goes.

(And thanks for pointing out that Mando's post was actually a link.

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: 22 Mar 2008, 19:34:52 »
It does, as far as I know, simulate the shooting of a nuclear warhead. As in : it launches it (you see it go up), and then a couple of minutes later, it hits. Boooom.

So yes, should do what you want :) If you want more proper missile-simulation, you'll need Mando missile or somesuch + some creative scripting of your own, but nothing's impossible! Good luck.

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"