Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ded Server vs MP Problem  (Read 1052 times)

Offline dolty666

• Members
Ded Server vs MP Problem
« on: 17 Mar 2008, 11:27:43 »
Greetings All,

I would appreciate some help with this odd problem, if anyone has any immediate ideas. I have trivially modified a mission-- one which works very well on a ded server-- by replacing some units/weapons. I have modified none of the scripts except to introduce some new ammo types in spawned containers.

The resulting modified mission works perfectly well if one hosts an MP session via Arma. HOWEVER, the mission will neither load nor start on a ded server. No error message is given, either on screen or in the log file.

I have introduced all of the recommended arguments I could find into server.cfg (such as onDifferentData=), but still the mission will not load.

Has anyone seen such behaviour previously, or have any ideas?

Cheers

Offline paritybit

• Members
Re: Ded Server vs MP Problem
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2008, 00:04:28 »
I see this when the mission depends on addons which are not loaded on the server; for example, I modified a mission to use Aimpoint's excellent desert weapons addon, but did not place the addon into the server's mod string.  When I did this, I could see and select the mission, but it would fail to load and kick me back into the mission select screen. 

This behavior only occurs on a dedicated server.  If you were to start a local multiplayer session, you would be told that you didn't have some required downloadable content -- and potentially you would still be allowed to play the mission.

Hope this helps.
Heroes don't die -- they just respawn.