Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mines Deactivated  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Hellbender

• Members
Mines Deactivated
« on: 08 Mar 2008, 16:33:31 »
Does anyone know how to check if a mine has been deactivated?

In a mission, I've placed a series of mines on a road that a convoy must pass. It's the players job to clear these mines before the armored units roll over them.

I've made a trigger sending the convoy forward when an intersection has been cleared of enemy troops, but I also want the mines there to be cleared by the player before it happens. How do I do that?

(the mines I use are placed through the editor and not by an enemy unit)

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: Mines Deactivated
« Reply #1 on: 08 Mar 2008, 16:47:21 »
Hmm.

I wonder if there's some special way of finding that out - not really sure. You -could- try animationPhase? But I'm not sure if that's the way it works, really, although it does look like an animation when the mine goes for "placed" to "disarmed". Besides, you might have to go into the config to find out the names of the animation phases in that case. Alternatively, you could try vectorUp since the mine is sort of tilted to the side when disarmed - maybe it'll change, with any luck?

Otherwise, since it's the player doing in the clearing, just give the player an action or a radio command that tells the convoy to get moving once he's confident most or all of the mines have been cleared - if he screws up, it's on his conscience.

Good luck!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #2 on: 08 Mar 2008, 17:03:45 »

Offline Hellbender

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 09 Mar 2008, 16:19:13 »