Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support (ACCEPTED)  (Read 94176 times)

Offline Kremator

• Members
Re: Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #195 on: 02 Aug 2008, 03:36:29 »
Mandoble,

Another GREAT release.  I WAS planning to go to bed early but I just HAD to test it out !  Glad the PC is back up again.

A request.  The reco is working brilliantly now, with its smooth scroll and lock.  Now all you need to do is make the reco plane have its locked view as a laser designator and you have solved EVERYONES UAV needs :)  That's the last piece in the puzzle.

One final thing.  The CM don't seem to be as smooth to control as the reco.

EXCELLENT work again.

[TAO] Kremator

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #196 on: 02 Aug 2008, 03:51:53 »
It already works as laser designator for any armed plane using mando missile LGBs.

Offline Kremator

• Members
« Reply #197 on: 02 Aug 2008, 04:10:30 »
SWEET !!!  Didn't realise.

One thing that I found just there now was that if I set reco plane to be any higher than 400m (ie putting it all the way up to 1000m) then it immediately turns around after spawning and just circles.  What have I done wrong?

[TAO] Kremator

PS I think you have made it SHIFT + left click for changing destination (wrong in description below)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #198 on: 02 Aug 2008, 04:13:13 »
You are using a model (addon) for reco plane which has some kind of limitation. Try with a estandard AV8B.

Offline monty67t

• Members
« Reply #199 on: 02 Aug 2008, 10:23:15 »
Congrats on the release bro! I really appreciate the altitude global variable. The way the recon aircraft tags the enemy vehicles with the green boxes looks awesome. Me and my unit are looking into the night vision thing. If we get it figured out I will let you know right away. I hope you got your video card troubles worked out. Talk to ya later, thanks again.

Monty

Offline Kremator

• Members
« Reply #200 on: 02 Aug 2008, 10:53:47 »
You are using a model (addon) for reco plane which has some kind of limitation. Try with a estandard AV8B.

I found the reason.  I'm using EMSIs UAV but there was no problem there.  It was the bomb height was set to 600m.  When I raised it to 1000m then there was no problem. 

I REALLY recommend using EMSIs UAV.  Adds a real depth with Mando Bombs!

[TAO] Kremator

Offline Luke

• Members
  • Thank God! The OFPEC Staff are here!
« Reply #201 on: 02 Aug 2008, 18:28:41 »
The UAV however is 'Very' slow IMO.

but that's not the subject.

Hello, congrats, thanx, and all that wonderful stuff to mando!!!  :)  :D  :clap:  :good:

Your effort has provided a beacon of hope to those trapped in a building surronded by T-72s,
A slap in the face to those who decried the laser designator as a useless weapon,
and an amazing resource and loads of fun to every ArmA player who has downloaded it.

Once again thanx mando to you and all your hard work!!!

Luke

P.S.

Seriously, how do you do it?
also,
Any ideas for future versions?
Pesky Human!!
Wort Wort Wort.

Offline CrazyAce

• Members
« Reply #202 on: 03 Aug 2008, 10:54:45 »
Luke I hope he does have further plans; I can't get enough of this script mod, it's just fantastic man. I would like to use more than just 1 type of plane; if say I called a bomb run then random (defined planes per side) would perform that mission.
« Last Edit: 03 Aug 2008, 11:00:23 by CrazyAce »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #203 on: 03 Aug 2008, 11:39:52 »
You can always keep modifying the global mando_airsupport_type at will and next planes for any bomb or cas run will use the new type.

Offline CrazyAce

• Members
« Reply #204 on: 03 Aug 2008, 12:11:43 »
Ok so I would just put "A10","AV8b"; to call any one of these two planes.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #205 on: 03 Aug 2008, 13:10:27 »
Yes, make sure to use correct class names.

Offline Shadow.D. ^BOB^

• Members
« Reply #206 on: 03 Aug 2008, 23:48:57 »
Hey, im not sure if this has been mentioned but... Is there a way to define the length of the recon plane flight time?  I'm using the UAV addon and by the time it gets to the area it runs out of time and dissapears.

Any help is appreciated as always.

Offline CrazyAce

• Members
« Reply #207 on: 04 Aug 2008, 00:22:00 »
Hey Shadow; I'm not the best person to respond about this but, from my experience the reco plane only runs out of time if the remote camera is not engaged. While the reco plane is in flight, do you press the remote camera button to on? When I do this (with the default settings) it can stay in flight for a long time. Once the remote camera is disengaged the reco plane returns. Now if the ingress height is not higher than the terrain its flying over, it can avert back.

Now if I just call the RC to its destination and don't engage the camera option, it does fly its single pattern then reverts back with no Intel.

What are you doing when you call the RC to its destination?
« Last Edit: 04 Aug 2008, 00:26:03 by CrazyAce »

Offline Shadow.D. ^BOB^

• Members
« Reply #208 on: 04 Aug 2008, 00:24:33 »
Hey, in answer to your question.  Yes I turn the camera on...  I think there may be an issue maybe a bug mentioned in the BI Forums. I'll wait and see if anything comes of it.

Thx for the help Crazy.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #209 on: 04 Aug 2008, 00:49:24 »
I did several test and I was unable to recreate that problem using an AV8B as reco plane, try with it and see what happens. It works as follows, if you dont turn on the reco camera before the reco plane reaches its destination, it will egress, transmit data and be deleted. If you turn camera on, you will be able to loiter as long as you want and you will be able also to change reco plane destination at will, once you turn off reco camera, the plane will egress.