Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Writing Briefings different in Armed Assault? also still using OGG files in AA?  (Read 1545 times)

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
Hi folks,

1) BRIEFING.HTML I started writing a briefing for AA and found that some of the tutorial advice that fit for Op Flash wasn't working for AA. Anyone found the right format for typing up the briefing.html file?  Or am i just completely way off here? 

2) OGG sound files-- I'm also getting ready to make the voice over files for my mission, are the old tutorials on creating .ogg files and writing syntax in scripts still the same for AA?  Thanks so much if you know, much appreciated!!

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
  • Matan los Pantalones!!!
1.  I'm not sure if briefings work exactly the same, but I was able to create a briefing starting with an old OFP briefing.  Notes section, plan section, links to markers on map all worked the same as far as I can tell.

2. OGG files definitiely work.  I have created custom dialogs as .WAVs, converted them to .OGGs, and uses WavToLip to make the lip synch files.  Then in scripts and triggers I have successfully used the "say" and "playsound" commands on these .OGG flies.
El Cojon: "Do you like to Tango?"
You: "Only in Bagango."
Download Last Tango in Bagango and discover how El Cojon earned his name...

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
Hey Johnnboy, thanks for your reply, that will save me a lot of time. Any chance you could post the Armed Assault version of your briefing that worked? thanks

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
1) ArmA briefings are the same in technique as in OFP, visually different though. I've attached a working briefing.html of myself.

2) OGGs still work, tutorials of OFP should work too.

Just in case:

Description.ext
Code: [Select]
class CfgSounds
{
sounds[] = { STR_I1,STR_I2 }
        class STR_I1
{
name = "STR_I1";
sound[] = {"\sounds\STR_I1.ogg", db+10, 1.0};
titles[] = { 1, "" };
};
        class STR_I2
{
name = "STR_I2";
sound[] = {"\sounds\STR_I2.ogg", db+10, 1.0};
titles[] = { 1, "" };
};
};

Optionally (but recommended) - Stringtable.csv (in notepad etc, not in excel / word)
LANGUAGE,English
STR_I1 ,"Blablablabla"
STR_I2,"Hello."

Make sure you've got a working OGG file, same format as mentioned in the OFP tutorials about sound stuff. Playing them in the game can be done with:
unit1 say "STR_I1";
playSound "STR_I2";

The second one just plays the sound, using the first line makes a unit say something. If you drop a .WAVE file on the wave-lip converter you can make a soldier's lips move correctly.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
Thanks gentlemen this is tremendously helpful!!!

Offline Zombie

• Members
  • Beware the night, the zombie walks among you
    • USI
I am using Chris's ofp script editor for everything in arma and it works like a champ for descriptions and briefings

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Yes. I know this is old. But I its the closest topic to what I am searching for, in fact its the only topic. My question is this... Can we still play music and sounds during the briefing as we did with OFP? I Tried the old
onBriefingPlan="musicname";
onBriefingNotes="SoundName";
onBriefingGroup="SoundName";
onBriefingGear="SoundName";
But it doesn"t seem to work. The music IS defined and DOES work in game but does not play during the briefing. Can anyone help with this? Oh yeah and I do realize that there is no gear section seperate from group now.
« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2008, 16:06:46 by savedbygrace »

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
hey savedbygrace,

I had the same problem with OnBriefingPlan etc not working, but the music and sounds overall in ArmA work, just not that particular feature as far as i know.  So the ogg files and what not are still good, same as OFP.  So playmusic "Kashmir" or playsound "Conversation1" still work.  Cheetah's post below is good.

PS i like the name choice :)