Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Urban Island  (Read 2798 times)

PunkerSXDX

Urban Island
« on: 23 Aug 2002, 21:54:08 »
I don't know if this is the right place for this but is there an Island thats all Urban areas except for an air Field? since the Bldgs are too small for CQB in them I found the citys and towns work swell for CQB, but the Desert Island with bldgs would be perfect then you could add a small island with other terrane.

Soldier8Boy

Re:Urban Island
« Reply #1 on: 24 Aug 2002, 01:35:56 »
I doubt anyone will be making a complete urban island with wrpedit. It would be a lot of stressful hair-pulling, and wrpedit just isn't the greatest tool for building an urban island.

Yeah, it could be used, but it would extremely demanding and take a helluva long time. Just doing my islands, as they are, is stressing enough.

hiddenfox

« Reply #2 on: 24 Aug 2002, 03:39:13 »
how many buildings you think you could put on the screen at a time?

i would love to do HUGE cities but have no idea how many polys i can really push

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #3 on: 24 Aug 2002, 04:47:14 »
I don't Know  ??? I have WRPedit but I thought it was just a Matter of Knoing which bldg was which, and putting them on the Map, Maybe I could try to do it my self with the Desert Island IF you can edit that! I'll just have to Study the Tutorials a little more.

PatrickStar001

« Reply #4 on: 28 Aug 2002, 23:54:29 »
Just out of curiostiy, what island creator tool would be good for making an urban island?

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #5 on: 29 Aug 2002, 00:32:46 »
There is only one as far as I know..........WrpEdit

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Kaliyuga

« Reply #6 on: 29 Aug 2002, 02:57:20 »
Well.. I highly recommend using Wilbur before even considering WRPEdit.. will save you alot of headaches later on ;)

But once you're happy with your Wilbur island then import to WRP...

And..   you can do some pretty big cities from what I've seen Hiddenfox..... way bigger than any of the cities on the original islands .. I've had missions on my puter.. (which has a low benchmark BTW) with around.... 90-100 user placed buildings from the editor on desert island and didn't suffer tooo much lag really.. so I'd have to guess you should be able to at least double that on a user created island? maybe that # is optimistic, but if you are making a small, all urban island then I would guess at least 150-200 buildings..

Thing is.. if all you want is to do CQB stuff then why not make a small to mid sized island that is all city, and no forests, minimal trees a bushes about...  ? It would be very possible to do
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2002, 03:01:05 by Kaliyuga »

OCOM_LMLVLM

« Reply #7 on: 29 Aug 2002, 03:15:57 »
try this:  ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/islands/WarIsland.zip
(War Island)  ;)

FOLGORE

« Reply #8 on: 29 Aug 2002, 14:40:02 »
War island ..bah?
try this link for a good urban island with skycreeper..but seems that the project is closed.

http://german-club.com/skyler/Flash/3d.htm#AC

FOLGORE

« Reply #9 on: 29 Aug 2002, 14:49:03 »
there are also some good addons like the skateboard half pipe

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #10 on: 02 Sep 2002, 01:59:19 »
Sounds Good I'll Check out War Island, Thanx Guys! :)

Commando

« Reply #11 on: 04 Sep 2002, 12:26:30 »
I think you should check out Sky island at ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/islands/Skye_Beta1.2.zip
I liked it very much because it has a couple of nice citys and the longest bridge I've seen!

DpS

« Reply #12 on: 05 Sep 2002, 22:18:19 »
Skye island is one of the best map ive seen, i just dont like the texture though. I think the author should worry much about getting a nicer and complicated texture, not just one texture, since its all look the same. AND MORE TREES so its not an empty piece of island, some trees will be perfect. BUT i like the way he made the island, there is a long bridge and there is another bridge that goes pass the steep cliff, and i think thats the nicest part of the island

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #13 on: 05 Sep 2002, 23:45:50 »
Cool I just Downloaded it.