Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How do I view OFP maps in Windows?  (Read 1129 times)

Offline ZeekLTK

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
How do I view OFP maps in Windows?
« on: 21 Apr 2008, 04:37:22 »
Is there any way to view the maps for any island from Operation: Flashpoint (Coldwar Crisis) in something like Paint or Adobe or whatnot on Windows (aka outside of the game)?

Basically I want to have access to see the full map of the island like you see in the editor, and be able to scroll around, zoom in and out, etc outside of the game. Is this possible?

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re: How do I view OFP maps in Windows?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Apr 2008, 07:00:50 »
In the Editors Depot you can find pdf maps of the islands, dunno if that's what you were looking for :dunno:
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline ZeekLTK

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: 21 Apr 2008, 08:35:50 »
In the Editors Depot you can find pdf maps of the islands, dunno if that's what you were looking for :dunno:

Kind of, except I want one for this map I have called "Sarugao".

I didn't see that there so I was wondering if there was a way to just extract it from the game, or its file, somehow.

Offline Gcfungus

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 21 Apr 2008, 08:51:05 »
I'm not sure you can view it outside, but then again I can't see why you would want to. What you could do is open up the mission editor, get an empty map and add yourself as a helicopter to view it that way. Alternitavely, you could place a man (player) then in the init field put: this exec "camera.sqs". There is a tutorial in the Editors Depot about this, but the camera may be too slow.
The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
~George Patton