Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: MP compatable Texture replacement (without addons)  (Read 1273 times)

Offline ironcross

• Members
MP compatable Texture replacement (without addons)
« on: 11 Dec 2007, 20:44:50 »
Hi

PROBLEM: I know u can use RAW jpg's as  textures now in arma, but what i wanted to know was, Is it Possible to replace actual Body textures using SQS or SQF with raw jpgs in the MP mission folder?  & would it show up? to other people when they join my server?
any advice greatful.

if not i have a 2nd question how the hell do i replace the horn of a police car with a new .wav? in a scripted mission? is it like replacing weapons  & ammo in scripted missions?

3rd question is it possible to make flashing lights that dont lag behind  but stay "up to date" with vehicles position? through scripts?  or is it always goign to be like that?

thanks for reading, yours kindly mike.

p.s youd be helping not only me but my friends & the whole server it already runs Sahrani life & is generaly filled 24 hours a day.

« Last Edit: 12 Dec 2007, 00:24:46 by ironcross »
ANY scripts or textures I use will be given DETAILED Acknowledgment's when help or scripts are used.

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
Re: MP compatable Texture replacement (without addons)
« Reply #1 on: 12 Dec 2007, 14:24:25 »
1. Same answer as when we discussed this in the SP forum: Not possible (the only difference is that in MP individual players can use their own flesh skins, for face and hands only, assuming that is enabled on the server. Same with clan arm-patches and vehicle badges).

2. You can't do it directly, but you could have a "start siren" and "stop siren" action which caused a siren sound to be played on the vehicle using say. Remember that you'd need to use this command on every client machine since say is local only.

3. Not if you are just updating the position on a single machine. You'd need to update the position on every client machine every frame (ideally using waitUntil) to get this to work properly and not jerk about due to lag.

Please don't ask questions in a thread that are not linked to each other or mentioned in the title. This makes it easier for other readers to know which threads to read for answers to their own problems or for the "experts" to know which ones they could give answers to (it seems reasonable to ask both the siren and lights question in one thread though, since they are both linked to "adding a flashing light and siren to a police car").
« Last Edit: 12 Dec 2007, 15:36:28 by Spooner »
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline ironcross

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2007, 15:30:12 »
 ;) ok thanks ill remember that

« Last Edit: 14 Dec 2007, 22:34:48 by ironcross »
ANY scripts or textures I use will be given DETAILED Acknowledgment's when help or scripts are used.

Offline Doolittle

• Contributing Member
  • _this select 0
« Reply #3 on: 28 Dec 2007, 21:45:07 »
It's easy to replace the horn!  :D It's just a "weapon" that shoots blanks. Give the vehicle another weapon. I made the motorcycles have the bike bell noise... bling bliing... heh.