Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: New Way Of Respawning  (Read 2070 times)

Offline clava

• Members
New Way Of Respawning
« on: 11 Dec 2007, 17:02:37 »
Hi! I'm a begginner at scripting, i just know how to do the basic stuff and some other things, but not that complicated.
I just wanna know how to make a respawn in wich the player always resurrect in the last remaining soldier of the group (like in "group" respawn), but when all the group is gone, then they respawn all at once in one spot. It's like playing till the last available soldier and put them in a "freezing" period until the players uses his last respawn, and then all come together from one point.

Any idea on how to start or something?

Thanks!

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
Re: New Way Of Respawning
« Reply #1 on: 12 Dec 2007, 15:13:36 »
:blink:

It is not entirely clear to me what you are trying to do e.g. "they all respawn at once". You are talking about an SP mission, right?
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2007, 23:41:52 by bedges »
urp!

Offline clava

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2007, 16:37:57 »
Nop. I'm talking about Mp mission.
The mission consist in the next: Thera are 2 teams: West & East and they both have to capture & defend a single place until the score reaches at a certain point. The more they stay inside the town, more points they gain.
Now, I'm using "BASE" respawn for this mission, so everytime a soldier is killed, it's placed back at the respawn area i designed. This causes that while some of the team (lets say East) are still alive fighting inside the town, the soldiers that have been killed they are respawning and coming again to the town, making the shooting never ending.
I have just thought the perfect example: I wanna make the respawn like "Counter Strike". When all the team is killed, then they respawn all at once in one spot.

I hope I was clear! I'm not english... sometimes it's difficult to explain things :P

Thanks!!

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
« Reply #3 on: 13 Dec 2007, 17:16:13 »
So if a soldier dies and at least one member of his side is alive, he respawns near that member instead of the base?
urp!

Offline clava

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 14 Dec 2007, 14:25:41 »
Nop. Just like Counter Strike. Everybody dead = respawn at the base at the same time.

Anyway, nevermind... I just figured out a way to make this.

Thanks your your cooperation!