Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Need help please!  (Read 3917 times)

Offline CAPITANSTRATOS

• Members
Need help please!
« on: 18 Sep 2007, 10:19:35 »
Hello! I need help with this 4 questions, and will like to know If exist a easy to understand tutorial for all this easy things

Can someone tell me how to:

1-Start a mission with my squad flying in a chopper

2-That the chopper leave us in a LZ ( giving support if a hot LZ )

3-That the chopper departs and return when I want it to return ( can I set a trigger to do that?? )

4-That the chopper pick what is left of our squad and land on the base

I will love to have a mission like that, a chopper leaving us on a hot LZ, giving support and departing after I order it ( via trigger but how?? ), and then returning to pick us back to base when I want it ( another trigger but how? )

Thank's for the help

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Need help please!
« Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2007, 12:28:08 »
To start with, you need to learn the usage of WP synchronization (GETIN your group, LOAD the chopper) as well as (GETOUT - UNLOAD or transport unload for the chopper), also placing an invisible Helipad there where the chopper has the unload wp (the hot area), after the completion of the unload wp the chopper might have a HOLD wp in the area, which means the chopper will keep there enganging enemies at will, but this HOLD wp will never last so you need to sync it with a SWITCH trigger (a radio trigger), so when the trigger is activated, the next WP to be completed is "jumped over", freeing your chopper of the HOLD wp to proceed to land anywhere ese.  Start playing and experimenting with these concepts and some scenery examples until you get an accurate idea about how sync lines, triggers (and switch type triggers) and waypoints work together.

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 18 Sep 2007, 12:45:56 »
Mandoble's right, theres a lot to work out. and its best you learn on your own. "but we're here to help" have a look at some for the basic tutes here ;)
http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=list&game=OFP&type=tu&cat=me
then when you run into trouble feel free to ask for some pointers.
   and :welcome: to the forums,, schuler  :good:
Semper Fi

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #3 on: 18 Sep 2007, 12:54:06 »
da 1st 1 is easy ;)

1- put ur choper on flying and name it chop1 (or ny oder name...) nd in da init of da squad leader (cud b ny1 in da squad but dat way its easy 2 find it again :P) write

Code: [Select]
"_x moveincargo chop1" foreach units group this
next part is were it gets complicated... try readin dis TUT - AI Chopper transporting Player's group actualy get 2 da TUT section nd start reading all of it ;) dis how every1 starts makin good misions :D - TUT scetion

also da next scripts may b helpfull :D

Helicopter Dynamic Control SP/MP
Helicopter Dynamic Extraction
Helicopter Landing & Pickup

nywayz

WELCOME 2 OFPEC M8

:D

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline CAPITANSTRATOS

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 18 Sep 2007, 13:24:08 »
SWITCH triggers looks just like I need, I 'm checking the tutorials but can someone explain step by step, how can I make a chopper take off and came to a determined waypoint to pick me?? How I need to use the trigger activate in the mission editor and how to activate it once in the game itself

Thank's a lot!!

P.S. Where is the invisible helipad??

Offline CAPITANSTRATOS

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 18 Sep 2007, 17:40:21 »
How can I create a trigger radio activated that made a unit far away to appear and follow some waypoints. For example, when I secure a crossroads, I activate the trigger and a friendly convoy start to move to the crossroads.
I need to know step by step as I can't find any tutorial about this

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 18 Sep 2007, 17:54:21 »
Give the truck a waypoint near its initial position, drag a sync line between the waypoint and your radio trigger, then add more waypoints for the truck. The truck will stop at the initial move waypoint until the trigger condition is met (radio is called).

Aside of that, try to do not to double post, instead of that you may just modify your previous post adding more info or questions, as long as the last post in the thread is yours.

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 19 Sep 2007, 00:46:55 »
heres a little tute i quickly put together , have a look ,, read the read me
Semper Fi

Offline CAPITANSTRATOS

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 19 Sep 2007, 15:27:48 »
Excellent way to learn Schuler!! I'm studing the mission now to learn all the tricks. Just discovered also the "[a,b,c,d,e,] join you" is that a script?? Exist a list or something of this kind of "default OFP scripts" and the way they work??
LCD you talk so funny I don't understand anything, can someone translate?  :-[
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2007, 16:12:28 by CAPITANSTRATOS »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #9 on: 19 Sep 2007, 17:42:07 »
Dont worry, you are not alone, I dont understand him either  :D

"join" is a command, which you may use in your scripts, or in activation fields of waypoints/triggers, or in init fields of units. If you look to the buttons of the upper area of this site, you will see "COMREF" (Commands Reference), there you will find all the commands available for OFP/Resistance and ArmA as well.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #10 on: 19 Sep 2007, 18:04:01 »
um  :blink:.... i mainly linked u 2 som intresesting scripts and Tuts (from tuturials :D) ... da names of links shud say everythings

nd da 1st line writen under code tag is just da line u use 2 put ur units in da choper :D just put it in da init line (da funky line in da soldier seting dialog labeled "Init" :D os ny soldier from da group :D

not dat hard i hope :D  :cool2:  :yes:

@ mandoble

Dont worry, you are not alone, I dont understand him either :D

dont wry :D ull get used 2 it in da end ;)  :-* :P

:cool2:  :good:

LCD OUT
« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2007, 00:14:22 by LCD »

Offline CAPITANSTRATOS

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 19 Sep 2007, 22:54:53 »
Please be serious:

Imagine I have helo1 flying and soldier you on the ground. And I want that you start the mission inside helo1

So in the init field of you I need to write

you moveincargo helo1

And it's all??

Schuler, can't understand why your chopper land to pick us and to land again to let us go. If I try the same my chopper simply keep floating over the invisible H without landing to pick us. Any idea??
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2007, 23:48:06 by CAPITANSTRATOS »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #12 on: 20 Sep 2007, 00:17:11 »
shud b :D

if u wanna make sure he stays u cud also add

you assignascargo helo1

heres some documentation on both comands :D taken from da COMREF

moveincargo

assignascargo

LCD OUT

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #13 on: 20 Sep 2007, 04:37:07 »
ok, take a look at the tute again, notice the players waypoints and the heli's waypoint's .. notice the player's YOU waypoint's, heli1 waypoint is "load" and also notice the heli1 Land "LAND", heli1 is what ever you name it, you can name it cracker if you want , thus, cracker Land "LAND" , now player w/p "get in" very important to sync these, press F5 then hold you mouse over the players w/p press the right mouse down and hold it, drag a sync line to the heli w/p. youll see a blue line, now release the mouse over the heli w/p "bingo"  a blue line is there ,thats the sync ;)
  there are other ways of using choppers for landing, just other commands, scripts. map click. start with the basics first :good: do all the above with 'hei1 unload transport' and player 'get out' w/p, at landing pad. sync them too, i hope that helps :D schuler ps you can copy and paste anything from the tute to you mission, but you musts use Ctrl=c for copy and Ctrl=v for paste. you can also work on line and run ofp at the same time by pressing alt=Tab, that opens you to windows
Semper Fi

Offline CAPITANSTRATOS

• Members
« Reply #14 on: 20 Sep 2007, 08:21:34 »
That's what I can't understand, I can Sinchronize the waypoints, but look at your tutorial.

The waypoint for heli is MOVE, and is sinchorinzed with the player and group GET IN is that enough for the chopper to land ( there's no waypoint that made the chopper land ) and to pick the infantry?? Or I'm missing something??

LCD, I got the idea, and can load my player on the chopper, now the question is:
How can I create a group? For example I'm the leader of a squad of four,( i know how to group the units ) how can I made them all appear on the chopper? I need to name them all and then put [a,b,c,d] assignAsCargo Heli or exist a way to load them easily? something like group1 assignAsCargo Heli I will retain his control??
« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2007, 11:39:30 by CAPITANSTRATOS »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #15 on: 20 Sep 2007, 14:12:10 »
To load all the units of a group in a chopper instantly:
Code: [Select]
"_x moveInCargo heliname" forEach units groupname

Offline CAPITANSTRATOS

• Members
« Reply #16 on: 20 Sep 2007, 15:21:01 »
Two things, how can I create a group?? I can group units with a officer and some soldiers, but how can I make them behave as a group with a proper name?? And why you use _X??
Imagine my group is called A I should write "_x movincargo heli" for Each units A ?? With quotes?? nad where? in the officer init?

Please excuse my ingorance about all this

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #17 on: 20 Sep 2007, 16:08:14 »
I suppose you have already read the COMREF (buttom above), right?? forEach and the scripting topics.

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #18 on: 20 Sep 2007, 17:15:23 »
Semper Fi

Offline CAPITANSTRATOS

• Members
« Reply #19 on: 20 Sep 2007, 21:28:11 »
Thank's Mandoble! group problems solved. I can start the mission with all the group loaded in the flying chopper. Thank's!!

Now Schuler I can't see any script in your mission, simply waypoint and sinchronizes. I can get the landing point to work, for the insertion, ( I need to make my group to disembark ordering it ), but not for the pick up, I need to order my group to get in and then the choppers land and my units get in. Maybe If I separate myself of the group like you made in your mission??

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #20 on: 20 Sep 2007, 21:36:54 »
You dont need scripts to execute commands, commands and series of commands separated by ; may be used in:
- Init fields of any unit
- Activation fields of a waypoint. Note that some waypoint types never get active (HOLD, for example).
- Activation fields of triggers.
- Deactivation fields of triggers.

And exec is also a command, so you may execute scripts from any of the above indicated places as well as init.sqs script (if exists, it is executed as soon as a mission starts).

Offline CAPITANSTRATOS

• Members
« Reply #21 on: 21 Sep 2007, 15:00:46 »
Thank's! I can get my choppers and groups behave pretty well now! You guys are very friendly and kind to help me.
Now a crazy idea I have, imagine I have a patrol with 4 waypoints, is possible to put a enemy sauqd that appear in a different place every time you play the mission??

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #22 on: 22 Sep 2007, 03:57:07 »
in the unit of a enemy group leader, you will see a 'probability of presence", put that half way, do this in several enemy groups, it just means they have a 50% chance of being there.
 iam not sure about random areas though. but if you give them lots of waypoints your men could incounter them at any waypoint at random,,
ive added some thing i think you'll like attached
Now Schuler I can't see any script in your mission, simply waypoint and sinchronizes
i just was saying there's many ways of using choppers , scripts is one ;)
« Last Edit: 22 Sep 2007, 08:36:34 by schuler »
Semper Fi

Offline CAPITANSTRATOS

• Members
« Reply #23 on: 22 Sep 2007, 16:06:02 »
Thank's for the tip, just what I need about enemy patrols!
About the chopper, is great!! But how I can use it for my missions?? I will tell you, I'm making a mission on Vietnam, a chopper will pick us, will leave us a in a LZ and then we will make a patrol. The chopper will pick us when I call him. I also tought in a Dustoff chopper ready to pick the wounded mans If I call it. The problem is: Is possible to use this script with 3 choppers? and how, and in the same time using it for a Dustoff??

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #24 on: 22 Sep 2007, 16:33:26 »
A good starting point is always to check the OFP/Res tutorials in the ED

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #25 on: 22 Sep 2007, 18:17:46 »
CAP your welcome, what island are you using? any addons?
  if you want to use that heli map click, just copy all the scripts in the folder and past it into your mission folder. than copy the AI from the heli map click tute go to the map and place AI (heli pilots landing pad,ect) in you missions map. to do that  hold your mouse down and and run it over all the AI on the map, like a box, you''ll see sort a green box, this will highlite all the AI then press ctrl= c , and youve copyed them, exit and open your mission and press ctrl=v , pressdo  :clap: then you can move them where you want them by highliting them again and drag and drop them. to use 3 chopper you would have to alter the script. and for Dustoff look in the editors depot.
Semper Fi

Offline CAPITANSTRATOS

• Members
« Reply #26 on: 22 Sep 2007, 18:35:34 »
I'm using this

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=10665

And the last release from Vietnam experience, also the CSJ Hueys, I love the way it looks at the moment, will go back for dig all this stuff in a working mission