Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Bloody Business  (Read 9537 times)

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: [SP] Bloody Business
« Reply #15 on: 30 Aug 2007, 14:32:49 »
Version 0.95 released!

Still waiting for a few voice actors to complete all the custom voices, but what I want is one or two tests to ensure that everything works.

Check the first post for DL links, check the readme for the changelog.

EDIT:
bug - overview.html has the wrong version number
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2007, 15:18:02 by Cheetah »
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #16 on: 31 Aug 2007, 07:51:05 »
v0.95
ArmA 1.08 Cadet

Errr... Cheetah, that was an interesting mission.

Intro:
There was some problem with the lines and the voiceover (it happened in the mission too): Other lines are visible, what the character said or character said a line twice.... And there is no time to read everything.
It's not a problem, but can I ask why people speak in two languages? (English/Spanish)

Mission:
I get in a red Skoda and go where my contact is. Front of his shad, I found a dead SLA soldier and I got his AK. But I hide it in the shed, because I don't want cheat with this AK and I want see what will happen normally. So I drove to the car dealer and change my red Skoda to a white Sedan.
Then I thought I will blow up the convoy guards and I tried to drive there, but the convoy WAS in the police station. So I walk into the police station (nobody tried to stop me or shoot me), I get in the Ammo Ural and drove back to the shed (it was not necessary, but my "AI" affraid to get weapon in the garden of police station). Then I get 5 satchel from the Ural and walk back to the police. I saw the major arrived and left unlock his UAZ. So that was my escape car. Then I put satchels everywhere, where are SLA soldiers (MG UAZs and few static guards) and in the garden, where the major went. Then I blow up everybody.
So I get in peacefully into major's UAZ (there was a lot survivor SLA, but nobody hurt me) and go to the farm.

Outro:
I loved it! It was so funny.

Overview:
Cheetah, maybe I didn't understand something... My English is very bad. But you left for the player a lot of "open gates" (or cheating possibilities). It was too easy (but enjoyable).
As you know well, make a non-usual mission in OFP/ArmA is very difficult. As Mikero said me a lot of time "try to think with the brain of all players, they will try everything what you left them".

I suggest you:
1., lock the cars/trucks
2., avoid civis enter the police station (even without weapon).
3., suspects the player carrying a lot of explosives (satchel).
« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2007, 08:59:05 by bardosy »
Fix bayonet!

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #17 on: 31 Aug 2007, 09:45:13 »
Hey bardosy,

thanks for the quick review. I guess another script is required hehe ..

And about the police station - there should be a trigger to turn you into hostile once you enter  :confused:

Will release a new version soon..
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #18 on: 31 Aug 2007, 09:51:54 »
And about the police station - there should be a trigger to turn you into hostile once you enter  Confused

I didn't exemine the mission int the editor, so I didn't find it... But I could walk peacefully in the garden.

But! 101 have the same problem in his campaign's first mission. And finally we solved it.
The problem was, the player is a civilian and we added a non exists, west superior for the player and we played with te setCaptive... but the SLA soldiers never shoot to the player. If the player start shooting to the SLAs, they will return the fire. But if the player just walk away from the POW camp, they didn't react, but the player WAS on the WEST side and he was not a captive.

Finally I hardcoded, if he enter/exit the gate of the camp, the SLA will shoot with doFire. So the player had to shoot first, but if he shoot, the will return the fire before the he accross the gate.
Fix bayonet!

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #19 on: 31 Aug 2007, 10:04:45 »
actualy... it da whole civie thingy is easily done w/ simple editin da mission.sqm :D

but u have 2 edit da units side and also da group side (group definition is parent class 2 da unit definition)...

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #20 on: 31 Aug 2007, 10:10:30 »
Bug: Bah.. the new gunControl script is interfering with triggers.

Will release the new version within a few hours (some other bug fixing might be required hehe). Thought that I had thought of all the things a player could do, now with the car script in place and once I sort out the bug in the script making the player invulnerable (sort of) it should probably be good..

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #21 on: 31 Aug 2007, 10:17:43 »
@LCD: Nope! I did it (change the side in the mission.sqm) too, but it also didn't work in ArmA (in OFP works).
Fix bayonet!

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #22 on: 31 Aug 2007, 12:31:05 »
Version 0.95b released. Download links in the first post.

All bugs mentioned by bardosy should be fixed. (as far as I know, they have been fixed  :whistle:)

Offline megz

• Members
« Reply #23 on: 02 Sep 2007, 01:18:46 »
Hi

Intro
 :good:

Mission
So, i look where the contact is and decide i can't be arsed walkin lol, so i try the 3 cars close to insertion, one is unlocked so i jump in. I then get a message saying i've found a pistol clip and some papers from a car dealer(the clip doesn't appear in my gear) and mission plan updated. I then go to the first contact who tells me about the weapons convoy and i get the gun + c;i[, however when i look in my gear after i only have one clip. I drive up towards the car dealers and get shot by a few reds! how do they know i have a gat?! anyway reload and this time they don't shoot. I meet the car dealer who runs off half way through the cutscene and gives me alot of shit sayin he has friends lol. Anyway i take the white sedan and head towards town, i see the car dealer on the way, still running, so i get out ready to shoot him for talking shit to me lol, anyway i can't shoot the pistol! try reload won't work, try droppin it and pickin it up again now it will reload, so i go 100m down the road ready to shoot that bad mouthed car dealer, and get shot by the reds :(  reload. i just want the car dealer dead so i just run him down, and i get shot from both sides of the road from reds, so i reload, run the car dealer over, and the patrol in front of me, but still gettin shot at from the side. reload, reload, reload. this time i manage to run over the car dealer and the 4 man patrol. So i put the rigged car in the middle of the road for the officer and save. Turns out i missed a red with a pkm, he starts shooting at the rigged car, totally ingnoring me, so i shoot him and get his pkm  :clap:. Then i see another red runnin towards the town and i pop him too, now i take up posistion waiting for the officer. While im waiting about half a squad or however many reds turn up in the town, so i take em down. Then im gettin shot to shit from a truck load of em commin from the south and south east, this is gettin tough lol. there commin thick and fast, i turn round and my rigged car has been shot up and is on fire, no probs i can take the officer out with the PKM, but the reds are still commin, seems like about 10 of em from every direction but west! Now there are civies shooting at me, wtf! ANd the reds are commin from the west now! Anyway i shoot em all (i think) and just as the last one is dispatched, the officer turns up, with 2 UAZ's. one with a mounted weapon, so i pump both UAZs with lead and they explode, then the officer gets out of the exploded car (?) and i slot him to. I go to head towards the extraction and get cut down by a support weapon (PKM), reload. This time i didn't blow the UAZ's, just the ppl inside, so i kill them and take the UAZ to the farmhouse - mission ends. 19 soldier kills, the officer and 3 civies.

Outro
Lol boom boom boys.

Conclusion

It was a fun mission, although i was expecting it to be an undercover mission i was getting shot at from everyone and their mother.
Some points
Y the civies shoot at me?
Y the reds shoot at me near the start, there was no way they knew i was carryin a gun or what my intentions were.
I never seen the weapons convoy, unless they were the ones who got into the town and started shootin the shit out of me.
Whats everyone sayin about the police station and the side mission to kill the cop, i never heard anythin about this.
« Last Edit: 02 Sep 2007, 02:03:54 by megz »

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #24 on: 04 Sep 2007, 21:49:13 »
New version released! Hopefully the final version of the mission..

0.95b -> 0.96
- Added voices (100%)
- Fixed hostility

@megz
Thanks for testing the mission, there was a problem with the hostility towards the SLA. Fixed now. Changed a few others things you mentioned.

Don't worry about the police station and sidequest with the police officer. The officer sidequest is non-existant. Police station is a guarded area in town.

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #25 on: 15 Sep 2007, 11:29:18 »
Would appreciate it if someone could check this one as I think that it's almost ready for review.

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #26 on: 17 Sep 2007, 08:44:22 »
Firts post is confused:

1., Link1 is expired
2., The text said: v0.95, but Link2 is v.96
Fix bayonet!

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #27 on: 17 Sep 2007, 10:46:19 »
Fixed. Location 2 is the way to go! Will reupload the file to yousendit when I get back home to make the 1st location work too.

Fixed version in 1st post, 0.95b-> 0.96

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #28 on: 28 Sep 2007, 21:18:28 »
Hi Cheetah, my opinion on v0.96:

Intro

Has new spanish voices, right? Scenes are the same and funny still.

Briefing

Tells me everything I need to know, quite nice.

Mission

I started by running to the contact in the ruins whom I know from earlier missions. Acquired the Makarov there and with the new holster opion concealed it. I ran to the cars, checked them, found a Makarov mag, and I think from that moment on my character kept hinting about a silenced weapon. I had no idea where to find it troughout the entire mission and this proved to be a bad thing.

Anyway, on with the mission. I drove to the car dealer. On my way I ran over two patrolling soldiers and collected their AK and ammo. A good weapon in the end! At the car dealer I got the white Sedan, but had not enough time to park it at the road and get some distance before the General's convoy raced along. Good idea, but not enough time to implement it.  So I just stood in the middle of the road, letting loose my AK at full auto and killing the convoy. Then I thought that the mission was almost over, but far from it!

I could not apporach over the fields, neither in a car, nor on foot because just in front of the farm, the place was swarming with enemies. And there were many in the village too. After some really tiring shoot-and-scoot tries it dawned upon me that I could not go trough the village...simply too many enemies there.
The only way to finish this mission for me was to head northwest, hit the beach and run along until I was parallel with the farm. As I ventured uphill, I shot a lone soldier standing there, and crawled to the farm from behind, then the mission ended.

Outro

Funny with the new voiceovers.

Conclusion

This mission has gained quite some more replay value with the added gimmick of the rigged car and probably the silenced weapon, but I could not realise its potential due to lack of information (SD weapon) or time (rigged car). It appears that the ending is geared towards the use of said SD weapon, because since I shot with the regular AK the place was swarming with enemies that made the attempt to reach the farm overly complicated and less than enjoyable.

Recommendations

* Put more information about the silenced weapon into the mission.
* Give a bit more time to steal and plant the rigged car. Right now the time for exploring the mission area is too short.
* Less is more when considering the enemies in the village and around the farm.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Mathias

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: [SP] Bloody Business (Review Please)
« Reply #29 on: 09 Oct 2007, 19:19:08 »
v1.00 uploaded and ready for review.

Thanks go to mathias for some bugs/improvements mentioned in his test report.