Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Briefing problem  (Read 2791 times)

Offline Chrispy

• Members
  • You never saw me! ;)
    • Delta Zero
Re: Briefing problem
« Reply #15 on: 28 Sep 2007, 01:32:07 »
Okay, firstly, your briefing name is called "Briefing" - I suggest it be lowercase, okay?

Secondly, when I export a mission, then I export the same one, I don't think it overwrites for me. So you might wanna ALT + TAB and delete the .pbo you exported, then export.

Plus, I think the best way to remm/comment something out would be "<!-- TEXT HERE -->" - not "<! TEXT HERE >". BIS use "<! --- TEXT HERE>".

Plus, in HTML, you can't have something like this:

Hints:
-Stay in first person mode, it makes it easier to judge the terrain
-If you crash your bike will explode
-You have no boost on this one

It won't work like that mate. It has to be like this:

Hints:
<br>
-Stay in first person mode, it makes it easier to judge the terrain
<br>
-If you crash your bike will explode
<br>
-You have no boost on this one

"<br>" means the next line - "<br><br>" means two lines. Also, you used the paragraph code in as well ("<p>TEXT HERE</p>") - I'm not sure if OFP supports that (<p> is a better alternative than <br>/<br><br> but I'm not sure if it'll work still).

I attached a briefing.htm file from one of the STOCK missions. Use that. Just edit it to your needs. But don't play around with the real complicated stuff - just the text and basic code like <br>, etc.

Hope that helps. :)

Chris :)
« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2007, 01:35:35 by Chris »
Need proof-reading for anything? Need a banner for your upcoming mod? Need a pic for your mission? Hit me up with a message. I have a bit of knowledge in Photoshop and formal/military writing.
Be sure to provide sufficient details when posting what you want requested. Thanks guys!