Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Admin change  (Read 5635 times)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Admin change
« on: 16 Jul 2007, 20:04:46 »
Sadly I must report that Bedges has stepped down as Joint Site Admin.
Bedges was a prime mover in getting the site back up and running after the various recent crashes we had and we will miss his enthusiasm and drive.
I'm sure he will still be hanging around in the background now and then, offering his expertise for members.

On a more positive note, Macguba has agreed to take over the now empty Joint Site Admin position.
Be nice to him.
Everyone except the more recent members will know about Macguba, suffice to say he has knowledge in many areas to do with OFP mission making and scripting amongst other skills.   :whistle:

The post of Forum Admin which was made empty by Macgubas promotion has now been filled by h-.
Be afraid, be very afraid.   :yes:

Congratulations to both.

Planck

« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2007, 20:10:15 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re: Admin change
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2007, 20:15:18 »
I am very honoured to become Joint Site Admin, and a little trepidatious.   In my time (I joined the staff in 2002) I've been priviledged to be Ed Depot staffer, Intel Depot Admin, Missions Depot staffer, Ed Depot Admin and Forum Admin, and yet I'm still nervous about stepping up.  I hope I won't let you down.  bedges was instrumental in keeping OFPEC going during some of our darkest days and we'll miss him.  He has an important place in OFPEC history.  Sooner he comes back the better.

h- will do a fine job as Forum Admin.   He's been a Global Moderator for ... well ages and ages and it's time he moved up.  I'm sure you'll all keep him in line.  :D

Over the next few days I'll be talking to Planck and getting up to speed.  This is the third time OFPEC has had Joint Admins, and it's always worked very well.  It will this time too, because Planck and I have known each other a looooonnnngggg time.   Change of Lead Admin always provokes a certain sense of uncertainty and, as always, questions, comments, suggestions and ideas are welcome.   We had a difficult time last year but recently we've been going from strength to strength and that is going to continue until this becomes the site that we all want it to be. 
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #2 on: 16 Jul 2007, 23:49:23 »
LCD being nica 2 Macca :D  :cool2:

good luck w/ all dat responsibilty stuff :P ;)

also get ur ArmA goin on already :P :D

:cheers:

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jul 2007, 05:38:58 »
Congrats and good luck!  :)  All of your hard work is much appreciated, whether you are hearing about it or not know that it's true!

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jul 2007, 15:46:29 »
Hey friends.

First of all gongratulations for Macguba and h- for their new titles - I know you two are going to do a great job as always.

I'm somewhat surprised to hear Bedges left his position  :scratch:

Whatever the reason is, I respect his decision. I know he did a lot of work for OFPEC especially last year when the website was, as I saw it as a staff member back then, almost paralyzed at some point and very close to dying due to the frustration of many staff members caused by the slow progress in rebuilding the website. Without Bedges it is possible OFPEC could have died. It's great to see that currently OFPEC is in much better shape and I believe getting better. So Thank You Bedges for all the work you did, I always appreciated the effort you put in to keep this website rolling and still do.

Thanks goes to all the active staff members too, it's great that you have the motivation and time to keep this website rolling.

Your work is very much appreciated.

Best Wishes,
Baddo.

Offline firecontrol

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 18 Jul 2007, 03:50:47 »
Congratulations are indeed in order! Congrats. :)

In line with Baddo's post, I am grateful for all that OFPEC offers. It would be a shame to see it go away. With that I'll give Bedges, along with everyone else involved in its operation past and present, a big thank you!

While I am new to the forums, I have utilized the website and various depots for some time. OFPEC has definately enhanced my enjoyment of OFP and ArmA.

Keep up the great work!
-FireControl

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: 18 Jul 2007, 17:23:59 »
Ah, how time rolls on... 

Being the one and only official old-timer, I feel it's my solemn duty *cough* to speak a few words at this occassion. *gets on his pedestal*

Throughout the years we've seen change after change in the upstairs, from...well...heck, I can't remember everyone who's held that position. And I think that actually says a lot. The best leader is one who, as it were, leads invisibly; a valued member of the team who mediates, discusses and sometimes decidesm, but also bends to the will of the team or the public. So far none of OFPEC's leadership has ever been anything but people dedicated to making this THE place for all editing-related discussion. Which, despite it's off-time, it is.

Of course, it's also my view that OFPEC is a surprisingly "easy" place to lead: as mentioned, everyone's dedicated to the same goal, and there's not much space for misunderstandings. Topics hardly stray from the subject at hand, and there're many, many years of experience under the belts of most moderators. I remember when -I- was a moderator (as they say in Finland, vuonna kivi ja keppi. Or keppi ja kivi. Whichever), when most posts were answered within minutes of being posted, then solved, and then added to the ever-growing FAQ. Cross-linking and helpful advice made everyone who even read these forums passively into quite adept mission editors, I dare say. I've pretty much learnt everything I know from these forums, and although my math isn't quite up to par with professional scripters (like Mandoble), I do get around in my trusty old .sqs, well enough for my mission-editing purposes anyway.

Ahem. What else? Friendliness, professionalism, by the community, for the community, and a constantly growing repository of knowledge for both OFP and ArmA. Woot for OFPEC. And...oh yes, woot for the new leader as well!

(man, you were FAAAAST at answering questions back in the day. It was like a race, half the time.  :blink: )

*gets off box*

...what? Someone needed to make a speech. Speeches are needed for these kinds of occassions. Now back to editing!  :clap:

Wolfrug out.

"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline ViperMaul

• Members
    • Theatre Of War (Team PvP Campaign)
« Reply #7 on: 18 Jul 2007, 17:32:42 »
I don't know you but Congratulations Macguba!!
ViperMaul
Theatre of War (Co-Lead Dev)
ACE (Jr Project Manager)

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 23 Jul 2007, 22:38:35 »
Congratulations to Macguba and h-.

I am sorry to hear Bedges left his position but I bet it was for a strong cause. His work in keeping OFPEC up during (as someone else said) the "darker days" is definetly unvaluable. Thank you mate, for everything!

As for Macguba's promotion I truly believe he is a good bet. Definetly the "invisible" but always there leader Wolfrug mentioned earlier. I had the pleasure to work with him in the translation of his Un-Impossible Mission for OFP and besides being very friendly he is definetly very professional (and a guru in mission editing) :)
H-, even though I don't know him that much as far as I could see he has been doing a considerably great job moderating these forums. So there is no surprise on this promotion. ;)

Even though this is another change in leadership I know everyone working at OFPEC is dedicated and professional in what they do. And it is to that people we must thank for having this incredible site from where I learnt almost everything about mission editing and keeps helping more and more editors/enthusiastics or just the random lurker growing up, and learning the necessary skills to bring ArmA to a whole new level.

I make Wolfrug's words mine:
Ahem. What else? Friendliness, professionalism, by the community, for the community, and a constantly growing repository of knowledge for both OFP and ArmA. Woot for OFPEC. And...oh yes, woot for the new leader as well!

:good:

PS: Nah, this ain't no a##-licking. But people deserve to know their work is appreciated hehe.

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
« Reply #9 on: 25 Jul 2007, 21:17:47 »
Congrats to macguba and h- on their promotion.

And good luck bedges with the future with whatever you decide to do. Thanks for what you have done for OFPEC, it is all much appreciated by many others, not just me.. but you knew that ;)

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
« Reply #10 on: 26 Jul 2007, 20:46:35 »
Well, it's about time Mac. I'd have to say you've been deserving that promotion for, well, quite a while now.
And congrats to you too, hater-kin...., erm... h- :D You've both been on the scene for quite a while now, and as experience as they get!

While it's sad to see someone such as bedges leave, it's great to have two gentlemen, who are just as great, filling the shoes!

Keep up the great work, mates!  :good:
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2007, 20:52:03 by Tyger »
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08