Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Cutscenes  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Thomas G Vorm

• Members
Cutscenes
« on: 27 Jul 2007, 18:32:19 »
Well I'm making cutscenes for my mission now and there are a few things that I cannot remember.
-How do you make your movie in nightvision?
Also there seems to be new things available in arma, there is a SP Mission called 'Blood Sweat and Tears' that begins with a cutscene. In this scene there is an overlay that makes it appear as if you are looking at satelite photos, or real-time images from a UAV. How do I incorporate this?

And Finally, how do I remove night vision from the AI, will I have to removeAllWeapons this; and then give them a rifle, or is there an easier way?

Any help would be great.

Python1

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
Re: Cutscenes
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jul 2007, 18:45:37 »
You can take off the NV goggles at the beginning of your cutscene script this way, if i remember correctly NVGOGGLESON will put them on.  I don't know about the overlays.

_actor action ["NVGOGGLESOFF",_actor]

Offline Thomas G Vorm

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jul 2007, 18:58:20 »
Thanks, that's one down, two to go :good:

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jul 2007, 21:10:48 »
I found that in Opflash, if I told the AI to stop using the goggles (using Lee's method), they just put them back on a few moments later. For best results, I always use

_this removeWeapon "NVGoggles"

Haven't tried it in ArmA but I thought I'd add my two cents.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jul 2007, 21:27:05 »
With the overlay (and I can't assess this because I haven't received ArmA yet) I am assuming they created a titleRsc or dialog of some sort. I suggest you dePBO the mission, and look at their scripts trying to figure out what they did. Since it's in the intro, I'm assuming it won't be very hard to figure out. If it is indeed titleRscs or a dialog, you can just copy the relavent stuff out of the description.ext and put it in your own, the execute it the same way they did in their intro scripts.
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08

Offline Thomas G Vorm

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 28 Jul 2007, 04:14:40 »
You're right Tyger, it was a cutRsc called 'RscDisplayUAV', not that I have the slightest idea on how to use it yet, but it's a step in the right direction. Now the only thing I need is the cutRsc for night vision, otherwise my video is just black.

Python1

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jul 2007, 07:36:49 »
Once upon a time there was a tutorial in the ED. Erm... but it seems to have been lost in the Big Crash.

This is probably moving into more advanced stuff, but I can give you a lowdown on how titleRsc's work. They're generally very easy to work with once you get over all of the complicated numbers etc. Unfortunately, I'm on different computer from my stuff right now... :P

Ahhh! I was wrong! :)
GeneralBarron's titleRsc/cutRsc Tutorial.

Take a look at that, and then, if you have any more questions, come back and ask away. I know that was for OFP, but the principles and the code are still basically the same as far as I'm aware.

About NV Goggles, equip your player character in the intro with NV goggles and he should automatically use them. Then, if you don't want the NV effect any more, remove them from the player's inventory. Note: you might have to use an action to get him to use them, but I think not.
I stand corrected. Thanks LCD. :)

« Last Edit: 28 Jul 2007, 08:31:34 by Tyger »
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #7 on: 28 Jul 2007, 08:24:51 »
what u r looking 4 in da case of da NVGs is da camUseNVG command... :P just dont forget 2 turn it off in da end of da cutscene cuz it will stick 2 all ur next cutscenes 2 :D

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline Thomas G Vorm

• Members
SOLVEDRe: Cutscenes
« Reply #8 on: 28 Jul 2007, 23:22:40 »
Perfect, that is everything I needed. I already had the tutorial from General Baron, but thanks for looking it up for me. Time to get to work.

Python1