Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Trigger activated reinforcements (only if certain vehicle destroyed)  (Read 2809 times)

Offline ual002

• Members
I was wanting to make a chopper come in and drop off troops only if a 1 or both of 2 specific vehicles are destroyed.  What do I put in the trigger,

2 strikers from a 4 vehicle group. 2 of the other soft skinned vehicles should already be toast at this point.  the strikers are (named) CV3 and CV4 respectively.  Sometimes they get destroyed sometimes not, but if they're destroyed all the troops inside die usually as well.  So if that does happen I need a bird (whatever addon chopper I can muster). to drop of a squad-platoon strength of hommies.  This would be on a time delay of about 3-5 mins, or i can just move the chopper out over the ocean really far.

Anyone got Ideas?!?!?

Offline Dash5

• Members
In the 'Condition' field of the trigger: (!alive CV3)||(!alive Cv4)

Make the trigger a 'Switch' type.

Select 'Countdown' option and put in the desired time delay in seconds. (3-5 min. = 180-300 sec.)

Now draw a line in 'synchronize' mode from the trigger to the first WP of the chopper (ideally somewhere far away from the convoy, probably at the starting point for your chopper). The next waypoint for the chopper should be a 'Transport Unload' where you want your reinforcements to land.

Finally, make sure your reinforcement squad has a 'Get Out' WP at the chopper's 'Transport Unload' WP.

You can also accomplish the same thing more efficiently using scripts or event handlers, but this is the most basic way.

Offline ual002

• Members
Ok, I got it.  this was all I really needed.  Ill try it after work.  "(!alive CV3)||(!alive Cv4)" in condition field.  Can you try and explain some other groovy uses of this and other conditions like this.  Ive been editing for 5 years and im just now getting into the complicated shit.  I think ive learned just about every editor trick short of using text in the condition and initialization field (even there ive got the basics of rearming men and or starting them 500 ft in the air to watch them plummet to their deaths, lol.)  Actions and all the other stuff, like putting men in vehicles is simple enough, but specific conditions really add a great dynamic to the game.

Thanks for the help!

Offline Dash5

• Members
Well, there's a wealth of editing info at this very site that would be a good place to start  :good:

Have fun!

Offline Viceman

• Members
Can someone tell me which is the easiest way to make a trigger that fires when specific vehicles is destroyed? I have a truck which is named as "target", and i want to game end when its destroyed. I made a trigger and i tried to add to the condition line "target damage 1" but it doesnt work. Some help would be nice, looks like i have some learning here how to figure out how things work in arma ;)
http://www.vicegaming.net
little content for your games

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
hi Viceman,
allmost the same as above but easyer , no sync line,,, just,,,, make a trigger,o -o for axis. 'actvation' box - none. 'condition' box- put (!alive target) put in  the 'type' box - ending 1, or 2 whatever you likey likey. in the 'act on' box you can add points to the player by adding this-   player addRating 20000    or maybe less points then that,,,  ;)
dont use "target damage 1"  ;)
read above posts and you will fell happy about your self learning some things,,,,,  :D although you got it all in this post,,, but read dudes read  ;)
cheers schuler  hope thats right,,,, one of our ED dude can look at what i just told you and easyly say hes right or wrong,,,,,,,,,,, :D
edit,,, i went over this really fast,,,,,
« Last Edit: 18 Apr 2008, 08:01:20 by schuler »
Semper Fi