Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: M4 SPR  (Read 19063 times)

registered_fugitiv

Re:M4 SPR
« Reply #15 on: 05 Nov 2002, 07:30:12 »
well here they are people

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #16 on: 05 Nov 2002, 07:31:18 »
and another

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #17 on: 05 Nov 2002, 07:47:58 »
anyway this gun still needs a bit of texturing done and theres a few things that need fixing but overall i think it cool and would be awesome to use on an afganistan mission as the special forces are using them over there now. also this would look cool with some camo.

o yea and STGN theres just a few more scope nobs then needed towords the back of it and on the left side ;)
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2002, 08:31:37 by registered_fugitiv »

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #18 on: 05 Nov 2002, 09:35:16 »
It's beautiful STGN, great work mate. I look forward to using it in game.
BTW: I'm really looking for a USAS-12, a CAWS, and/or the SR-47 SPR, ( Not to be confused with the M-4 SPR that you've made. ) can you assist with any of these models?
I'd be happy to find you any info and pic's of these you might need.

STGN

« Reply #19 on: 05 Nov 2002, 12:50:24 »
I am oprity sure that the scope has four scope nobs
look at this picture
http://www4.aixgaming.com/opend/album18/m4a1spr
Ferret Fangs you is welcome to suply info of thoes other weapons. Now i am not sure what thoes other weapons look like but I would prefere if they are in the AR15/M16 family. then maby I could make them afterwards.
I know that It would be cool whit a camo version of the gun but in the start it will be in normal gunmetal. because of my lack of texturing skils and that I have only been working whit O2 in 1 month.
STGN

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #20 on: 05 Nov 2002, 21:17:39 »
ahhhhhhhh i see o well my mistake sorry
the SR-47 SPR is pretty much in the M16 family in the ways of looks ferret fangs knows more bout them then me

Forest

« Reply #21 on: 05 Nov 2002, 23:08:19 »
Well I can't help with the editing (I've got some of my own questions as a matter of fact), but I do wish you luck (I'd like to try it out).

But I DO know a bit about M16 series rifles and AR15s so here Goes:

The M4 is a different beast completely from the SPR.

The M4 is a carbine weapon orginally intended for more special operations and replacement of submachine guns and many handguns.  Now its an issue rifle for many units in the Army.

The SPR (Special Purpose Rifle) is a fairly rare beast.  Its a custom built rifle made by Crane (a Navy Lab in Indiana), orginally made for the SOCOM Seal Units - now used by some of the Army units that make up SOCOM.

Its a 5.56mm rifle.  Uses an 18" long Douglas Stainless Steel Match barrel (standard M16A2's have a 20" barrel , M4s have a 14.5" barrel - add 1" if the flash hider is on).  The SPR uses an Armalite (brand) flattop upper receiver (A4 style) and a carbon fiber free float tube instead of handguards.  The combination of the match barrel and free float tube make for an exceptionall accurate rifle.  The Free Float tube also has rails attached (the one along the top runs all the way to the receiver and helps with the structural integrity).  These rails are used to attached various optics, lights, and bipods.

The rifle is build on M16A1 lower receivers and as such have the semi/full auto capability (no burst).  This was done as the burst mechanism really screws up the trigger pull even when firing in semi.  The trigger group are custom match parts and not 'reworked' military parts.

The rifle is intended as a 'medium' range sniper rifle (or a 'light' sniper rifle) and often use with the 75gr Tap rounds or 77gr SMK Match rounds.  They are also working with 80gr and 100gr rounds (to help improve terminal performance at longer ranges - and help with bucking the wind at longer ranges).

Both the front and rear sight can be flipped down when not in use (on most weapons in the M16/Ar15 series the front sight is always up).  While you can use a variety of scopes - the one Crane has requested purchasing is 2.5x to 8x variable power scope with a mil-dot reticle (think of cross hairs made up of small dots).

There is also a sound suppressor which can be attached to the rifle.

Hope this helps!

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #22 on: 06 Nov 2002, 01:49:27 »
OK, I'll start with pic's of the Daewoo USAS-12 combat 12-guage automatic shotgun:
http://www.gunsite.narod.ru/daewoo_usas12.htm
http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh16-e.htm
http://www.republika.pl/giwerlandia/STRZELBY%20htm/daewoo.HTM
http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/1000/1005.htm

These are the best that I've found online, the information is fairly detailed.
This is a totally badass weapon that would be perfect in the SOCOM inventory, and a must for OFP!
I only request a couple capabilities, to go along with that awesome model...
1. Multi-mode fire... semi auto, full-auto ( 360rnds. per min. )
2. Multiple ammo types... buckshot, flechette, saboted AP slug, HEI slug...?
3. 10 round mags and/or 20 round drum

So tell me what you think?

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #23 on: 06 Nov 2002, 10:20:36 »
man those are so cool....
i remember using them in syphon filter 3 i think and SOF2 man those are the best shotguns ever

maybe put 2gether a U.S SOCOM weapons pack although u would need alot more weapons

Forest

« Reply #24 on: 06 Nov 2002, 17:45:09 »
Rifle looks great - but one nit-pick if I might.  Real SPRs typically use the fixed stock (like the M16A2 & M16A1) not the telestock.  This is a sniper rifle and the fixed stock is much more stabil than the telestocks.

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #25 on: 06 Nov 2002, 18:09:30 »
Yeah, I thought it was supposed to be a fixed stock as well, might even have an ajustable cheek-piece and or shoulder pad...

Forest

« Reply #26 on: 07 Nov 2002, 00:00:34 »
Wont have a shoulder pad (heck its only a 5.56) they would use the standard A2 buttstock.  I doubt it would have a cheekpiece.  SInce the rifle is a flattop the scope will mount at the proper height (with a Line-Of-Sight 2.6" over the center of the bore).  A cheek piece would raise your head too high to use the scope.  The only time I've seen cheek pieces used on ARs are when people mount optics on top of the carry handle (which is usually a very bad idea).  Between the optic and the mount the Height over bore get up to 3.5" to 4" and a cheek rest is need to get a good consistant cheek weld.

The only two optics I'll use mounted on top of the charging handle is the Colt scope (a 3x crosshair scope) and the Compact Trijcon scopes  - their mounts are integrated into the optic so it stays close to the proper height.  When using red-dot (non magnified optics) the best place to mount them is over the handguards using a 'gooseneck' mount (that anchors to the carryhandle - but the optic is mounted in front of the carry handle). (BTW if anyone is interested in making a model - I would love to have a OFP model of an M4 with either the M68 (Aimpoint) or Trijicon Reflex mounted in this manner.  I can supply photos)

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #27 on: 07 Nov 2002, 04:43:09 »
i dont really care what stock it has its a nice rifle either way...
but if STGN does end up making 1 with the M16 stock i hope he'll have this one when it comes out as well

STGN

« Reply #28 on: 07 Nov 2002, 11:49:44 »
The riffle is made whit a telestock but is also made whit a normal A2 fixed stock. I mad it whit a telestock because it is better in para drop because of the smaler lenth. I also think it is more cool than the other. But I have a M16 model so It will only take a minute to ad the fixed stock. Maby I will also make the bipod standing so it looks more like a sniper rifel and the one whit telestock can be more assult minded. this is just an idea but I will make this way if that will make som more happy.
By the way I have hust made so Improvments to the model: better forward assist, better load grib and so other improvments and I have added the Peq-5 laser sight form fransens marine pack I have just altered it a littel, looks much better now. somtings made smaler, I don't know if it is goging to be on when I realease cuse I haven't ask him about it. but registered_fugitiv is goging to get a model whit it on.
STGN

Forest

« Reply #29 on: 07 Nov 2002, 15:53:32 »
Its gonna be great when you release it.  I for one would like to see the bipod on it.

BTW have you seen photos of the rifle with a telestock on it?  If so could you send me the link?  I've not seen one with a telestock and I'd be very interested in any photo (it would be a very rare varient).