Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: a Captureable flag  (Read 1421 times)

Offline TuLiq

• Members
a Captureable flag
« on: 27 Jun 2007, 18:32:56 »
I have been trying to make a Battlefield style "Capture the control point" mission for MP, but I seem to have some problems.

Let's say I've got three flagpoles (flag1, flag2 and flag3) standing somewhere on the map, and three teams (resistance, east and west)
When a player from one of the teams comes near a flagpole, he should get the ability to capture it for his team and set the flag texture to match his team\country.

I've sort of managed to accomplished this by setting
Code: [Select]
this addaction ["Capture flag","captureflag.sqs"] into the init line of the flagpoles, but this doesn't make the action disappear after the flagpole is captured, which is what I want to happen.

I also want other teams to be able to "recapture" the flagpoles from the team that captured it first, and so on, something that I have been having problems with.

Thanks, and hoping for a fast reply :)

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
Re: a Captureable flag
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jul 2007, 15:38:28 »
This problem requires a good knowledge of MP editing. You should search our forums first for capture the flag and capture and hold. You should also unpbo a few ctf and c&h missions to see how others have done it. I don't have the time ATM to go into details but do a little searching and reading first, and then I'll get back to you when I have a little more time. Plus I just lost the little outline I had typed in to help get you started ....  :weeping:
urp!

Offline TuLiq

• Members
Re: a Captureable flag
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jul 2007, 21:49:58 »
Hehe, no problem.
I'll do what you said and look around the forums and inside the pbo's for info.