Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: setflagtexture  (Read 1911 times)

Offline Relentless

• Members
setflagtexture
« on: 15 Jun 2007, 17:44:05 »
Ok my first post here and it will probably be a really dumbass question, but seeing as i am totally new to this side of the OFP/ArmA series here goes, i am trying to build a ctf map, but when i use the, this setflagtexture ''usa_vlajka.pac''; in the init field, i get an error 'missing', so has the 1.08 changed anything about this, or what is it i am missing, something obvious  probably, but i have searched and searched for this and i still cannot get the correct init field to load, can some one help me out please, before taking the right p*ss . :-[.
Thanks in advance.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re: setflagtexture
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2007, 18:06:06 »
first off, welcome to OFPEC. secondly, we support all levels of editing skill here, noob and advanced alike - don't sweat it.  :good:

not having arma myself i cannot confirm this, but something makes me seriously doubt that the flags are the same between OFP and ArmA. did the flag init work before you patched to 1.08? could be that the flags are in a different addon... no idea.

so while i may be of no use whatsoever in answering your question, at the very least you get a warm welcome to the forum  ;)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2007, 18:19:05 »
Code: [Select]
this setFlagTexture "\ca\misc\data\usa_vlajka.paa"

Offline Relentless

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jun 2007, 19:16:54 »
Thanks for the welcome bedges, to answer your question i didnt try to do anything prior to 1.08 as i wasnt sure how the patch would affect the game , as it stands personally i think the patch was good :)
The only input i could find was directly related to OFP and although i played the game for four years, the mapping and editing side never appealed to me, and i did wonder weather the older setflag init would fit in, but it was all i had to go on.Thanks Mandoble for the code  i will try this out now, :clap:
As i am ubernoob at this i dont think this will be the last question i will pester you guys with, thanks again. :good:

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jun 2007, 19:51:40 »
i dont think this will be the last question i will pester you guys with, thanks again. :good:
Questions are not considered "pestering". Without questions such as "How do I light a fire?" there wouldn't be an OFPEC to begin with - hence OFPEC loves questions  :D
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jun 2007, 21:35:39 »
Forgot to say first Welcome, and second, while you may think the opposite, your question was not a noob one at all :D

Offline Relentless

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 16 Jun 2007, 12:46:02 »
Questions are not considered "pestering". Without questions such as "How do I light a fire?" there wouldn't be an OFPEC to begin with - hence OFPEC loves questions  :D

Ok lol you asked for it, my next one is this, using the code supplied by Mandoble, does it matter whether i  refer to the units by the name BLUFOR / OPFOR as  opposed to us /rus. and secondlywould this apply also to the flag return trigger, for example naming the left hand trigger ''usreturn'' and the ''right rusreturn''?

Thanks for the welcome Mandoble and for the reassurance of my non noobishness  ;) Its just that there is soo much i dont know yet.... but looking forward to the learning curve  :)

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #7 on: 16 Jun 2007, 13:46:21 »
You refer to a unit by his name.

There is a tab in the unit dialogue which says name. You can call him anything, then whenever you are working with that unit you use his name. Any object placed on the map, including triggers, game logics and waypoints can be given a name.
When referring to the unit in the unit's own "Init" field, you can also refer to him by using "This". This is the correct way to refer to a unit in the init field.

Also, when it comes to naming soldiers, tanks and aeroplanes, you can give them an identity.
The identity of your unit is defined in the decription.ext. When you get comfortable with mission design you'll use this a lot.
An identity will give him a name, face voice and control some of these aspects further. For full details on the description.ext and identities see the wiki.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Mission_Editing
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline Relentless

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 16 Jun 2007, 14:26:04 »
Nice link thanks for that, Architect, saves me a load of questions  :)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #9 on: 16 Jun 2007, 15:55:40 »
also browse OFPECs own tuturials section all da tuturials r writen 4 OFP but da basics r da same like ArmA  :D

LCD OUT

[edit]

ohh right i forgot

WELCOME TO OFPEC
« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2007, 16:20:57 by LCD »
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline Relentless

• Members
« Reply #10 on: 16 Jun 2007, 19:10:45 »
Well i have a lot of reading to do , cheers for the info LCD, before i retire to my reading room , there is one more question i have, after a quick browse through the tutorials , i am wondering what are the differences betwen the OFP editing and commands and ArmA? Are they significant or just 'tweaks',  and i have unpbo'd a spawn protection SQS script from an old OFP map is it worth me trying to bundle that into my mp maps, with the relvant corrections in the scripting?
Right thats all from me for a while i reckon , i have enough material to read and digest to satisfy a conference :D
Just want to say thanks for the help and the warm welcome fellas  ;)