Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Get in?  (Read 1512 times)

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
Get in?
« on: 06 Jun 2007, 18:07:46 »
I had two guys standing near a jeep.

I put a waypoint on them which waited a few seconds, then a waypoint on the jeep which was a Get In waypoint.
After the few seconds is up, the leader of the group gets in but the other guy just stands there. The next Move waypoint isn't fulfilled because no2 isn't in the jeep.

What's going on here?
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re: Get in?
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jun 2007, 19:00:49 »
I have had similar results, usually none of the group gets into the vehicle..
Somehow it seems like the getin waypoint is fubar..

Have you tried using 'Get In Nearest'? :dunno:
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jun 2007, 19:12:04 »
There is a BIG problem in ArmA with units trying to reach the real getin position. Basically, the AI is SO SO tard that is unable to solve the path to a getin position 4 meters away, so they simply dont move to board the vehicle. In fact, this is the main reason I simply dont play ArmA, only a bit of scripting.

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
« Reply #3 on: 07 Jun 2007, 04:09:19 »
Bugger. Where does that leave me? :scratch:
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline Trash Can Man

• Members
  • We are no longer the knights who say "Ni!"
« Reply #4 on: 07 Jun 2007, 06:24:42 »
What I found that I had to do is simply have one moveindriver and the other moveincargo. I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for. Also, some of the time I put the "get in" waypoint over the name of the vehicle and that seems to work. But, it's not 100% effective.

TCM

Offline DucusSumus

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: 07 Jun 2007, 08:45:23 »
Strange.  I've never seen this occur.  Get In waypoints work just fine for me.  Are you using 1.07?

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #6 on: 07 Jun 2007, 15:00:16 »
@Archy
Did you try the 'Get In Nearest'?
I have a faint memory of it working a bit better.. :dunno:
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
« Reply #7 on: 07 Jun 2007, 15:14:03 »
OFP units also used to get stuck sometimes on the corner of a vehicle while trying to get in. I would probably have the waypoint run a script from the On Activation that gives the units 30 seconds to get in, and if they do not then move the stewpid lovers in. On second thought, I would run the script from a WP very near and just before the GetIn, otherwise the code will not execute (I think.....  :whistle:)

Also, what happens if you put the GetIn waypoint very close to, but not right on the jeep?
« Last Edit: 07 Jun 2007, 15:17:43 by Mr.Peanut »
urp!

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
« Reply #8 on: 07 Jun 2007, 19:26:15 »
None of the above worked. I guess it's just a case that Civs grouped to East won't behave like east in vehicles.

It means a rethink but it's not the end of the world. When the community creates some real guerrila units I'll be able to use them instead. Hey ho.  :confused:

Offline DucusSumus

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: 07 Jun 2007, 20:37:45 »
Try this.

Just make it a move waypoint, and in activation type:

Code: [Select]
unitA assignAsDriver car;{_x assignAsCargo car} forEach [unitB,unitC,unitD,unitN];[unitA,unitB,unitC,unitD,unitN] orderGetIn true
Replace unitA with the name of your driver and unitB,unitC,unitD, etc. with your other units.  If you only have one other unit apart from the driver, you don't need the {}forEach in there; just erase the array and change _x  to the name of the unit that you want to get into the back.