Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: DAC problem  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
DAC problem
« on: 02 Jun 2007, 14:54:43 »
Anyone here got any experience with DAC? Cause I've run into a small problem. I've set up DAC to create groups for both east and west side, and I've set it to reduce groups when they are about 500 metres or more from players/enemies. Problem is, I want to have playable units for both east and west side, but DAC only reacts properly to units from one side. If I place 4 units for east and 4 units for west, name them and such, and a east unit is first in the name array, DAC won't build up west groups when one of the playable west units gets close to the group. If one of the playable west units get close to a east group, it works ok, and if a playable east unit get close to either a east group or west group, it also works ok...

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
Re: DAC problem
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jun 2007, 23:50:07 »
As you have said yourself DAC works only for one side. The only workaround I can think of would be to make another copy of DAC in another folder, say DAC_1, and rename all global variables, so that it will not conflict. Then add the east players to the DAC array and west to DAC_1. A lot of work, but it is feasible. Only Silola would know for certain though...
urp!

Offline Garcia

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 03 Jun 2007, 00:00:10 »
Already talked to Silola via PM on BI forum, and he attached some changes to the code that might work, but haven't had time to see yet. What I find strange is that it it builds up enemy forces, but not friendly forces, for one side...hopefuly the changes Silola suggested will fix it.

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
« Reply #3 on: 06 Jun 2007, 17:51:15 »
Any luck with this?
urp!

Offline Garcia

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 07 Jun 2007, 00:53:50 »
Uh yeah, just remembered about this...managed to solve the problem after some trial and error :blink: