Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: config.cpp? what? where? how?  (Read 1577 times)

Offline digitaldragon

• Members
config.cpp? what? where? how?
« on: 01 Jun 2007, 16:22:23 »
I'm currently editing an island using WrpTool and it's going ok. However because of the unclear user manual (I think it's a translation from another czech or somthing) I'm lost when it comes to importing my island to ofp. I've searched the forums but can't find exactly what I need.

Could someone please walk me through the process of getting ofp to read my .wrp island. Somthing to do with a config file and then 'packing' into a .pbo. HELP! :weeping:

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
Re: config.cpp? what? where? how?
« Reply #1 on: 01 Jun 2007, 19:54:11 »
Does anything here help?
urp!

Offline digitaldragon

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 03 Jun 2007, 19:31:04 »
sorry but I've read those but it doesn't tell what I need to know. I just want someone to say step by step - make this file like this>>compile it like this>>>put it here. PLEASE HELP!!! It's stupid really because I know the process of importing a custom island into ofp doesn't take that long but if you don't know the basics of config.cpp or where specifically it goes then what is a man to do?

EDIT - I give anyone my expressed permission to call me noob/idiot/dumbass etc as long they help in some way. Cmon give me your best shot!
« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2007, 19:33:16 by digitaldragon »

Offline Jeff2121

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 04 Jun 2007, 00:34:58 »
I'm probably wrong, but I think you .PBO the config, island and all that and place it into your AddOns folder.

Offline digitaldragon

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 05 Jun 2007, 18:05:21 »
ok I think I'm gettingthere now. But should the config.cpp be saved initially as a .txt or 'All files' before being PBO'ed?

Offline Macser

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 06 Jun 2007, 00:24:38 »
Hello,

Yes it's a Text file.Just make sure the
file extension is .Cpp before you Pbo.

Verify that the file extension is correct,
as in;Config.Cpp.Not Config.Cpp.txt.

Which I've seen happen.

:)