Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: save game causing issues  (Read 3399 times)

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
  • Matan los Pantalones!!!
Re: save game causing issues
« Reply #15 on: 28 Jun 2007, 07:05:47 »
As Arkon alluded to, disableAI no longer being in effect after saving a game is a problem.  If you are keeping units in position with disableAI "MOVE", these units will start moving again as soon as you SAVE the game.

This is a major arma flaw IMO.

I was thinking that you could put all the disableAI "MOVE" commands in a script that you run at the beginning of the game, and when whenever Mando's above script detected a reload would solve this problem.  But if units forget their disableAI state when you Save (not just on re-load), then I think that script will not solve the problem.

Is there anyway to detect a SAVE game event? 
Or can we toggle off SAVE default save game feature, and make it only available via an action or radio action?   If so, we could then have the disableAI script re-run every time the user called the Save action.
El Cojon: "Do you like to Tango?"
You: "Only in Bagango."
Download Last Tango in Bagango and discover how El Cojon earned his name...

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
  • Matan los Pantalones!!!
« Reply #16 on: 28 Jun 2007, 19:36:05 »
I've found out more on how to get units to stay put after a SAVE Game:

In addition to these commands:

Code: [Select]
loon disableAI "MOVE";
loon setUnitpos "Middle";

I've added these commands:

Code: [Select]
dostop loon;
loonLeader enableAttack false;  <== use this command only on the group leader

Now after a save game, the units do not abandon their positions.  They stay put, and keep their assigned stance.  And they continue to fire (note that enableAttack false does not prevent firing, it just prevents group leader from ordering units to engage--i.e., move toward--enemy).

There is still one problem though:  Units that "need ammo" will run off and get it, not caring that it is a suicidal move.  So be sure to load up those units that tend to start the game short of ammo (i.e., officers, crew members, pilots, etc.).

This is not a bullet proof solution, but its better than nothing.  Still looking for a way to detect a save game, so we can restore all disableAI conditions immediately after saving or loading a game.
El Cojon: "Do you like to Tango?"
You: "Only in Bagango."
Download Last Tango in Bagango and discover how El Cojon earned his name...

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #17 on: 28 Jun 2007, 19:42:59 »
nice  one  johny  + arkon
was unaware  of  problem with disableAI"MOVE"  and  save  game
 :)
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match