Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: COP cars, VERY IMPORTANT  (Read 2072 times)

Offline Delta Hawk

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
COP cars, VERY IMPORTANT
« on: 16 May 2007, 13:27:25 »
Parts of my car with the same texture are blurry.

The Problem
Interceptors
New Inside

I have parts of the car textured by 1024 X 512 tex, made in photoshop, saved in .jpeg and useing texview saved to .pac, however the sides of the car are always blurrier than the rest.  I have swapped out the pac file numerous times with an updated pac, and changed tex names in oxygen.  I tried recalculateing normals, optomizing (which made things worst), but it didn't help.  Is it the flashpoint file used by Bulldozer?  Is it my game settings?  Is it the model itself?  Did i changed the texture too much?  Can anybody help me with this.  It keeps screwing up the final product, and i can't release a screwed up addon.  The cars are close to being release, probably around early august, but i can't if this problem isn't fixed.

If u tell me to use a different pac tool besides texview, please include an up-to-date link that works.
« Last Edit: 06 Aug 2007, 11:27:39 by Delta Hawk »

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
Re: COP cars near finish, but I need help with one lil thing
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2007, 06:04:40 »
I had the same stupid problem for the longest time on a project I was working on (now abandoned  :weeping:).  My problem was game settings.  A quick check to find out if this is your problem is to do the following:

Go into your Flashpoint folder and run FlashpointPreferences.exe.  Click Advanced, then click the Textures tab.  Change the cockpits and Objects pull-down boxes to a higher resolution, 1024x1024 should work in your case.  See if that fixes the problem.

-Pilot

EDIT:
The cars look nice, btw!

Offline Delta Hawk

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re: COP cars, VERY IMPORTANT
« Reply #2 on: 06 Aug 2007, 11:34:52 »
if u haven't heard, i'm close to releaseing my police car pack, however, i would like to inlcude a strobe effect and an working spotlight.  any suggestios?

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
« Reply #3 on: 07 Aug 2007, 05:15:39 »
They look extremely nice and it has a very interesting interior (is it safe distracting people from looking ahead on the road? :P)

I wish I still had OFP to try these out when the time comes :(

Offline rambo57

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 07 Aug 2007, 18:07:37 »
i'm a upcoming modder and was wondering if u could send me the files i'll try to make a stobe and working spotlight, also i was wondering if you can do textures and config.cpp's as i need some stuff doing on units that i've editted

Offline chevyrulzs2010

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 01 Feb 2008, 01:44:08 »
hey i am downloading deltas cop cars and i dont know how to add them to the game any help

delta u back in the states any newer releases on the mod?