Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Multirope Rappel for Arma  (Read 2430 times)

Offline swtx

• Members
Multirope Rappel for Arma
« on: 14 Apr 2007, 03:45:51 »
I'm going to keep this short and sweet  :)

I know nothing about scripting,  but I need some help.  I've been trying to get Blips Multirope Rappel script working in Arma with no success.

Here's what happens when I run it in game.  Helicopter will approach the target area, tell me it's beginning the rappel then throw out an error message. :dunno:

If anyone can get this script working in Arma I will kiss you feet and baby sit your children free of charge for all eternity :yes:

J/K, seriously can someone get this thing working in Arma so us untalented folks can play and have fun.

I took the liberty of uploading it to Rapid Share, you can get it right here  http://rapidshare.com/files/25878781/Multirope-Rappel.Intro.rar.html or you can grab it from the OFPEC scripts download section.

Thanks in advance for you help, and I hope someone will tackle this little problem. 8)

Offline D_P_

• Members
  • YAY! I'm a lama again! ...oh wait.
    • ArmaAddons
Re: Multirope Rappel for Arma
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2007, 04:37:48 »
If you posted the specific error msg you keep getting - you might get a solution quicker!
( ....have no kids - so this won't cost you anything)
just setpos & forgetpos!

Offline swtx

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2007, 05:45:43 »
Here is the error message.... :o

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2007, 06:19:41 »
ArmA handles strings and code differently now, which means it handles functions differently (as functions are basicly strings) I guess..

Try modifying parts of the script that call functions, like the above one
Code: [Select]
[blah] call compile SetObjPosObj
Should work :dunno:
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline swtx

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 14 Apr 2007, 06:28:26 »
I'm lost already :dunno: But I will look at it in the morning and see if I can figure it out :good:

Offline swtx

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 14 Apr 2007, 18:54:51 »
Ok,

I tried the "call compile" command and the error message did go away, unfortunatley the helo just goes to it's destination and sits there :dunno:

I read through SnYper and Johan Gustafsson's scripting tutorials this morning and it did shed some light on the matter(as far as the basics).  Unfortunatley at this point, It's not really enough to make a that much of a difference.  I'm really not sure what to do next.  Some guidance would be appreciated :good: Or I can wait until the tools come out and let some of you hotshots figure it out :scratch:mmmm.....

I'm still not clear on what Arma is expecting in the way of strings, functions and code.  If anyone would like to contribute any ideas or anything constructive it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Trash Can Man

• Members
  • We are no longer the knights who say "Ni!"
« Reply #6 on: 15 Apr 2007, 09:36:08 »
From what I see is that arma doesn't recognize "ropes".  :no: I am looking into that aspect of it some more to see why. The ropes in and of itself is not an addon, they are just scripted in. I'll let you know if this can be fixed.

TCM

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
« Reply #7 on: 24 Apr 2007, 18:49:14 »
Well, I would start by reading the readme packed with Blip's scripts. These scripts are designed to work with snYpir's support pack. The "rope" is an addon in the pack.  Take a look at this thread.
urp!

Offline swtx

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 02 May 2007, 04:51:47 »
Thx for the response,

Thank you Trash Can Man for looking in to it.

I've tried the script thats linked to this page and I really like it.   Is there any way to change the color of the rope ?

I can change the particle size but the rope color seems to be static   :confused:

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #9 on: 02 May 2007, 11:06:18 »
Look for this [[0.4,0.25,0,1]] and change it for whatever colour you want.