Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Missile ArmA (ACCEPTED)  (Read 119767 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Mando Missile ArmA (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #300 on: 21 Oct 2008, 01:32:01 »
Why dont you add one? What you see in the beta are just plain examples just for testing, you may add 100 cameras to the C130 all of them firing an arsenal of 1000 laser guided ICBMs if you wish.

I've said that in the past many times, and I'll say this again now. Mando Missile suite includes a set of templates or script examples for MCCs, visual launchers, AI launchers and now also TV systems. The idea is that mission editors create their own ones (based on these examples) trying to simulate the specific units types they need in their missions.

Offline Gnat

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • I Bite!
    • Gnats
« Reply #301 on: 21 Oct 2008, 01:44:35 »
Very special is this addon .... very special!

Only comment after more playing is that LGBs should immediately start going slower than the plane (and slowing down) once dropped. Not realistic having them keep pace with the bomber ....

Offline Luke

• Members
  • Thank God! The OFPEC Staff are here!
« Reply #302 on: 21 Oct 2008, 02:08:08 »
Because there is no gunner,
how does one give the console to the player passenger so the AI can fly around?

Luke
Pesky Human!!
Wort Wort Wort.

Offline Kremator

• Members
« Reply #303 on: 21 Oct 2008, 07:43:43 »
Luke,

That's a problem with the model not the scripts.  I too would like to see a co-pilot/gunner so that the AI could fly (and keep on-station) but we dont have that luxury now.  We just need the maker of the C130 to modify his plane (or someone that knows about configs).

As Mandoble says you can place any amount of camera systems on any vehicle - I have 3 on my C130 based on the actual guns found on that aircraft.

[TAO] Kremator

Offline USM-CPT.Dyson

• Members
« Reply #304 on: 21 Oct 2008, 17:38:02 »
Too add to the discussion about the missiles

The hellfire referred to was the AGM-114K. Looking at the stats I posted would show that it uses SALH and Electro-Optical. Thinking about it, the electro-optical may not be a camera in the front of a missile (but in the targeting system). This might mean that it is not using laser guidance, but uses the same concept. Looking further into it I found this.

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/products/TargetSightSystem/index.html

It is also really hard to figure out what system the military is using as a targeting pod

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/products/Sniper/index.html

I could keep linking to lockheed's site but just look through their products.
CTI SectorLink
Version: Beta 7
http://hosted.filefront.com/Spyder001/

Offline Luke

• Members
« Reply #305 on: 22 Oct 2008, 01:53:53 »
How does one go about that SA-2 site thing you demonstrated?

Luke
Pesky Human!!
Wort Wort Wort.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #306 on: 23 Oct 2008, 10:38:53 »
My desktop doesnt boot any more and the laptop cannot run ArmA   :no:
I dont know when/if i'll buy a new desktop, so atm my projects are "PAUSED" (hopefully not forever).

Offline Kremator

• Members
« Reply #307 on: 26 Oct 2008, 17:18:40 »
OK by popular demand I will put Xeno's original mission that uses the new MMA2.35beta.  This has the WORKING AC130u !!

Oh BTW there are LOTS and LOTS of lovely toys in there.... just hunt and you will find !

The RS link is http://rapidshare.com/files/157752006/EvolutionB3ul.Sara.pbo

[TAO] Kremator

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #308 on: 26 Oct 2008, 20:42:29 »
Kremator, remember that 2.35 is beta and for testing purposes only, in fat the gun lite of the current beta is now way obsolete compared to the last version I had in my broken desktop.

A new rig has been ordered and probably will be ready next week. I was able to locate my ArmA box with the code for a new fresh install, but in the middle of the chaos I've lost my ArmA DVD. If Im able to locate it next week, then might be I'll be able to make a new beta public for next weekend.

Offline USM-CPT.Dyson

• Members
« Reply #309 on: 26 Oct 2008, 23:21:31 »
What's new?
CTI SectorLink
Version: Beta 7
http://hosted.filefront.com/Spyder001/

Offline Kremator

• Members
« Reply #310 on: 26 Oct 2008, 23:22:07 »
Excellent news Mandoble.  I know that the code is beta but I had so many PMs asking for a mission with a working AC130u.  

Can't wait to see the new toys you have for us!

[TAO] Kremator

Offline Luke

• Members
« Reply #311 on: 30 Oct 2008, 02:16:28 »
More info for more realism  :)

Check this out

and this too!

Luke
Pesky Human!!
Wort Wort Wort.

Offline Kremator

• Members
« Reply #312 on: 30 Oct 2008, 14:32:02 »
Here's hoping that Mandoble get his new PC soon!  Can't wait to try out the new toys !

@Luke, some good information there.  Nice piccies.

[TAO] Kremator

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #313 on: 30 Oct 2008, 20:24:35 »
Well, today I saw my computer, which has been left in the shop running overstressing tests for the night, so probably it will be at home tomorrow. Anyway, as said days ago, there is a missing MP test that some of you might try to recreate.

Using the AHZ1 demo, assing the TV to the driver and make sure the driver (which will be the player) is not the group leader (you may make the gunner leader). Then start the mission on a dedi, activate the camera from your driver seat and try to use the BIS missiles (hellfires).

Offline Vengeance

• Members
« Reply #314 on: 01 Nov 2008, 16:52:35 »
Mando,

My results were this:

1. In PREVIEW Camara seem to work fine, Missiles fired where you wanted, but did not get Target Box Lock only RED Cross Hairs Lock.
3 In Dedi Camara worked for Pilot also but did not get Target BOX Lock but could get RED Cross Hairs to Lock, you can hear missiles fire but they do not go where you want. If you Lock Target BEFORE opening HellFire Camara then you can not get either Lock, RED Cross Hairs just unlock immediately.

Hope this helps.

Vengeance