Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Is it possible to replace the island during a single mission?  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Goullou

• Members
I'm a plane pilot on the airfield of Everon. I want to take off and fly to Malden, land, do a couple of things and return to Everon...

I mean reload the island ...
Is it possible in only one mission?

Goullou
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Nope.

Unless you find the island that has all the islands in the same sea. I guess OFP.info is the place to look for it..
Or make a small campaign out of the mission.
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
There used to be an addon "island" that had all the original OFP islands on it, can't remember about Nogova.  It was unplayably laggy though.   

As h- says the answer is to make a campaign that feels like one mission.  That's how BIS did it.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Chrispy

• Members
  • You never saw me! ;)
    • Delta Zero
Like in that mission where you have to get in the A10 and travel to Kolgujev. The first mission is just getting in there and taking off and heading into the sea. In the second part, you start off in the Kolgujev ocean heading to Kolgujev. It kinda feels like ''one mission'' lol.

And yes it would probably be laggy to having all those islands in one.

Chris :)
Need proof-reading for anything? Need a banner for your upcoming mod? Need a pic for your mission? Hit me up with a message. I have a bit of knowledge in Photoshop and formal/military writing.
Be sure to provide sufficient details when posting what you want requested. Thanks guys!

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
AEC Island, done by Snake Man of Fury and Ranger Path fame:

http://tactical.nekromantix.com/ofp/downloads/aec-island.rar

In case anyone cares to try it.

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
I wonder, has anyone tried this Ménage à Trois map on the newer more powerful computers?
I reckon it'd still be laggy, but not as bad as before. What say you general public?
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

karantan

This map being laggy I think it has and it always will be an issue to some degree. If not, then BIS would place those islands on a same map on a first place (also they would make a bigger and nicer villages/towns and more wooded areas and so on ...).