Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How to prevent AI firing at empty vehicles?  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
How to prevent AI firing at empty vehicles?
« on: 05 Mar 2007, 20:20:51 »
Ok, an empty vehicle can be a threat, but not when enemy troops are firing at you. I've seen situations where the AI ran out of ammo,because they really want to destroy an empty & damaged UAZ. That's stupid, because an empty vehicle can be used against the enemy.

When you order your men to attack a UAZ with MG (just an example) , they will try to kill the gunner and driver first, but after that they really want to destroy the UAZ completely.
Ok, when I'm in command, I can always cancel the target, but AI-officers don't do that. Even worse, when you kill the gunner and the driver disembarks, the AI will fire at the UAZ instead of the driver.

How can I fix that with a script?

I tried setcaptive & setfriend but both commands don't work on vehicles, only on troops.
Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: 05 Mar 2007, 21:14:46 by Blanco »
Search or search or search before you ask.

Offline FreeBird

• Members
Re: How to prevent AI firing at empty vehicles?
« Reply #1 on: 05 Mar 2007, 20:52:37 »
Maybe the new 1.05 Command Addvehicle can do something for you?

Syntax: group addVehicle vehicle

Call [This,Birth,School,Work,Death]execVM "Storyofmylife.sqf"
(_this select 1)ObjStatus "DONE";(_this select 2)ObjStatus "DONE";(_this select 3)ObjStatus "ACTIVE";(_this select 4)ObjStatus "HIDDEN";
if not((_this select 0) IsKindOf "Human")ExitWith{PlayMusic"Goodbye Cruel World"}

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
Re: How to prevent AI firing at empty vehicles?
« Reply #2 on: 05 Mar 2007, 21:12:50 »
THx, I give it a try.

But I don't understand that description "Added 1.05 needs populating."  ???

It's an old OFP bug and I solved it by creating the exact same vehicle on the exact same spot with the exact same damage values & direction. That works, but it's drastic. I was hoping for a better solution in Arma.

I gonna report this as a bug because imo this is a bug. A priority of targets bug.

Nice signature btw :)

Search or search or search before you ask.