Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Help with a Respawn System, teleporting and marker placement too  (Read 1542 times)

Offline pexmo

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Hello.

Well this is what i want to do:

1: Have a west Base that i place remotely. This is where you base respawn in coop.

2: Place 4 "teleporter" spots around west base. 1 for each player, i mark them with their names.

3: Have a markers with names player1 to player4 that are moved to the spot the player died at. This is also where the player teleports to when moving into his/hers teleport zone.

A example:

Player 1 is killed.
He respawns at west base, as the unit he was before.
The player1 marker is moved to the location of player1s corpse.
Player1 sees the player1 teleporter zone on them map and moves into it.
NOw player1 teleports to the player1 marker.
PLayer1 is killed again and it all starts over.

Any one know how to do this?
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2007, 22:06:30 by pexmo »

Offline Terox

• Former Staff
  • Follow the Sappers!
    • zeus-community.net
Re: Help with a Respawn System
« Reply #1 on: 26 Feb 2007, 22:00:02 »
I would use a "killed" eventhandler on the player

have the script that is run from this, save the position of the dead unit (You could even save his weapon loadout)
and then when the player is alive again, simply setpos the player to the deadpos location

The only problem i can foresee is setpossing the newly respawned player intom a killzone, however, if you setcaptive the player and then setcaptive false say 3 seconds after setpossing him, he will be able to find cover before he gets shot again
Zeus ARMA2 server IP = 77.74.193.124 :2302
Teamspeak IP = 77.74.193.123

Offline pexmo

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2007, 08:26:42 »
Him ending up in a killzone is no problem, hehe its eaven part of the point. Thats why i have the westbase set far away and then having teleporters for each player. The dead players mates are to clear the area around his body and then tell him its clear then he teleports to his corpse.

And it seems your input is wise Terox, but im still bad at scripting so more help on the actual script would be nice if you have the time.

All this is ment to work purely for my coop team soo there doesnt have to be any facy texts explaining stuff etc. We all know the rules, and "simple" solutions that take some roleplaying to seem real enough isnt a problem for us.

Offline pexmo

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: 27 Feb 2007, 22:04:16 »
ok to clarify what i need help with:

1: Using a killed eventhandler to place a marker at the spot where a player was killed.
2: Making that player respawn as the same character as he was at west base the by command or moving into a area (trigger) teleporting to the marker. (this i might be able to do by my self)
3: Then beeing able to repeat this over and over again.

Any piece of help is truly welcome.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
please modify your previous post instead of posting consecutively.